Chapter Seventeen.

Chapter Seventeen. 

            The next morning was extremely awkward because my brother and sister had school since their Christmas vacation hadn’t started yet and my parents went out Christmas shopping for me so I obviously couldn’t go along. It was just Reina and I in the house and I didn’t want to leave my room because after last night so much has changed between us and so much was left unspoken I just didn’t even want to face her and have the conversation I’ve been dreading to have for months now.

            “Hey!” Reina shrieked, jumping on top of the bed. “Get up!”

            I was in shock because for one, she just scared the shit out of me and two, she was overly happy and nothing like she was last night. Why does she always have to confuse me?

            “You aren’t mad…” I trailed off tiredly, letting out a yawn. “Really?”

            “Why would I be mad?”

            “What do you mean why? After we had sex… you left and you were pissed at me.”

            She rolled completely on top of me and rolled her eyes, as her body was in-between my legs and she trailed her fingertips up and down my chest.

            “I think someone had a wet dream cause in no way shape or form did we sleep together last night.”

            “C’mon Reina, don’t try and mess with me. Check the pocket of my suitcase.”

            Rolling off of me, she bent down and checked the pocket of my suitcase, to my surprise retrieving a condom that was still in the wrapper and she gave me a look that probably wasn’t the best one.

            “You little freak.” She laughed. “It’s like you were expecting to get laid or something.”

            “You never know… it could happen. Always come prepared, right?”

            I tried to make sense of what happened last night but I couldn’t. None of it was true and now it just made my head hurt that much more because she didn’t think things were changing. She was still clueless to my feelings and she didn’t say the things she did. She called me baby at the mall, yes, but she didn’t call me baby in bed and she didn’t moan my name like that and we weren’t gentle like that. We were still here in the same situation with no progress at all. I felt crushed.

            “So tell me about this dream. I’m intrigued.”

            “Do you have that t-shirt of mine?” I asked. “The one you wore a couple weeks ago?”

            “What? No. I left it in your basket.”

            Well that answers that one too. God. This really sucks and I mean really sucks. I can’t believe it was all just a dream but it was and now I just can’t even accept the fact that we’re right back to where we started. It’s almost like playing a video game until the last level and then you forgot to save the game so then you start over again on level one. That’s how I felt right now.

            “Was I wearing that in the dream?” She teased. “Did you fuck me in that?”

            “Reina.” I warned. “Just never mind.”