Chapter Twenty Six.

Chapter Twenty Six. 

BEFORE YOU READ: This book is available to purchase now on lulu.com if you don't want to wait for updates!

            I was walking home with Justin after class but instead of our usual route of going back to the frat house we were on our way to Kennedy Hill, where we had made plans to go sledding with everyone. It was freezing outside – almost below ten degrees – so thankfully I had brought something to change into. I was currently wearing a pair of jeans with some thermal leggings underneath, a thermal long sleeved shirt and a heavy sweater along with a jacket. That’s not even including my scarf, mittens, earmuffs and my snow boots. When I looked at myself in the mirror this morning it reminded me of like a snowman or something.

            Justin was dressed somewhat the same though and I appreciated that so I wasn’t the only one that looked weird. We looked like a sappy couple as he was holding onto my hand with his mittens on and I was staring at him in this childish way from being so into him. I was so happy and I’ve never really gotten the chance to say that in my life before but I was. He made me so happy.

            “You look so cute.” I cheesed, stepping in front of him so we would stop walking for a second. “Are you excited to go sledding?”

            “I’m excited to go sledding with you.” He cheesed back. “I love how happy you get about winter. It’s adorable.”

            I didn’t know what to say to that really so I just started to walk again as he grabbed onto my hand and pulled me to his side so his arm could wrap around my waist. Creating memories with him every day is such an amazing feeling because I never thought I’d have a serious relationship but here we are, almost two and a half months now going strong.

            “How’s your essay going?” He asked. “Did you finish it?”

            “Yeah I did. When I get it back I’ll show you it. The essay isn’t exactly some of my finest work but hey, it came together I think pretty well.”

            “Babe I’m sure it was fine. Everything you write is always amazing.”

            “Not when I’m distracted though. I had to help Luke finish his essay and now he’s asking me to tutor him in other classes too at the library. I want to say no but I feel like a bitch if I do because he’s struggling and I know the material so why not help?”

            Then it got eerily silent between the two of us and I wasn’t sure why until he let go of my hand and put his hands in his pockets, looking up into the sky and letting out a loud sigh so I could see his breath form in the cold air. It was then that I knew he was pissed at me and honestly I don’t understand what I did. Maybe the mention of Luke had something to do with it obviously, but still. He had no reason to be upset right now.

            “What did I say?” I groaned. “Why are you mad?”

            “I’m not mad at you Reina but I thought this whole tutoring thing was a one time thing. Now you’re going to the library to tutor him every day?”

            “It’s not every day Justin. It’s only twice a week.”

            “Still Reina. I don’t know this guy and I’ve never met him before. I don’t want him making a move on you because I’m just not taking that risk, okay? I have a bad feeling about it all.”