Chapter Eight.

Chapter Eight. 

            Psychology wasn’t the same. Today wasn’t the same because as I was sitting in my usual seat staring at Mr. Davis I didn’t feel a pencil wrap around my hair and I didn’t feel a kick in my ass that always made me laugh. I felt nothing and when I took a second to look behind me he wasn’t there. He was always there and for a second I thought he didn’t show up but he was here, sitting in the far right corner towards the back and he glanced in my direction only to roll his eyes at me and stare back down at his paper.

            I know he’s pissed that we can’t have sex and I know he’s frustrated that our friends with benefits is out the door but he had to have known that this wouldn’t last forever. Six months is longer than I expected us to go and I guess I should have expected him to react this way but for whatever reason I thought we could at least still be friends. Wasn’t he the one that said I was his best friend?

            “Don’t forget your final’s next week. I know some of you tend to party around this time of year but just because Thanksgiving break is coming up doesn’t mean you forget your school priorities. This is college so you should be expected to already know this but as I look at your grades I see some of you obviously need some reminders. You can be dismissed now.”

            Reaching down to pick up my backpack like I always do, I saw Justin try to get out quickly but luckily for me someone in front of him was walking extremely slow so I had the time to catch up.

            “What the hell’s up with you?” I asked.

            “Nothing’s up.” He laughed, all too friendly. “I’m good. You?”

            “Well it certainly didn’t seem like it in class. You kind of rolled your eyes at me and you didn’t even sit behind me like you usually do. Why not?”

            We continued to walk in silence and he didn’t say anything for a few minutes. I wasn’t even sure if he wanted me to still walk next to him but he didn’t tell me to leave so I continued my pace at a slight jog from him walking so quickly.

            “We’re done now.” He said. “So I don’t need to sit behind you.”

            “What do you mean? Just because we don’t have sex doesn’t mean we aren’t best friends Justin.”

            “Do you even hear yourself?”

            He stopped walking and I stopped in my tracks, shocked by the expression on his face. He looked livid and he looked like he was about to be a complete and utter asshole.

            “We were never best friends Reina. I said that to get into your pants. You were upset the night at the house so I made that shit up so I could keep fucking you, don’t you get that? I’m not getting your pussy anymore so you mean nothing to me now. That’s the end of it so leave me the hell alone.”

            I didn’t know what to say. I felt like I just had the wind knocked out of me because yes, I knew from the beginning it wasn’t supposed to be anything more than having sex, but the night at the house he seemed like he truly meant it and the day in the park it seemed like we were actually getting along. It was all a lie this entire time and he never actually wanted to be friends. He’s just like every other guy in my life is. All he does is use me to get exactly what he wants and when he can’t get it anymore he drops me like I’m nothing.