♡Chapter One♡

Killua's POV

---

I was in class, my boring tutor trying to teach me. But I was always distracted by the training field outside where the knights trained. Oh, how I wished I could be like them, but instead, I'm a flimsy prince who is a good-for-nothing. I was always nagged by my mother how I should be more 'princely' so I can run a country. 'I'm not even the heir, so why would I need to run a country?' I questioned myself. I sighed.

"Prince Killua, please study for the last few minutes in class!"Mrs. Bisky said, yelling at me. I rolled my eyes and went back to studying. All of the sudden, I hear a horn. Alarmed, I quickly look out the window and see a bunch of people in the courtyard. Then I remembered, they were hiring new knights for the castle. I saw men of all ages, young and old. I was intrigued, and thankfully, my lesson was over for the day. I put all of my books away and quickly went to check out the courtyard.

I was finally outside, but I hid myself behind a pillar so nobody would know I was there. I can't have my family know I was there to watch, especially my older brother Illumi. He would kill me if he knew. I peeked out and looked around, taking in the whole view. I suddenly spot a boy with raven hair, talking to the librarian, who was named Kurapika, and one of the doctors of the castle named Leorio. 'He looks around the same age around me!' I thought. I continue to stare at him, admiring his big amber eyes and structured body. All of the sudden, the boy stopped talking and looked in my direction. I panicked and hid myself completely behind the pillar. 'How does he know that I was looking at him?!' I mentally screamed. 'Godamnit! Now he is gonna think I'm a stalker!' I groaned, frustrated. I hear footsteps coming closer and closer and they abruptly stop. I slowly look up and there he was, the raven haired boy. I mentally scream.

"I- um- hi?" I said nervously. The boy gave me a huge grin, a grin that made me melt inside.

"Hi! Nice to meet you! I'm Gon! What's your name?" he asked me happily, his brown eyes twinkling. He held out a hand and I cautiously shook his hand, while introducing myself, stuttering at every other word.

"I-I'm Killua. N-nice to m-meet y-you."

Gon smiled even bigger and I smiled awkwardly back.

"So, Killua, are you also training to be a knight here? Gon asked while his eyes filled with curiosity.

"Ah! N-no I'm not, I'm actually a p-prince here so I c-can't become a knight." As soon as those words fall out of my mouth, I regretted mentioning that I was a prince. Gon's eyes widen and quickly kneeled down on one knee and apologised.

"I-I'm so sorry for not realizing sooner, Prince Killua!" I become red with embarrassment upon hearing those words fall out of his mouth.

"N-no need for such formalities! Just call me K-killua!"

"Ehehe, sorry Killua." Gon said with his tongue sticking out. Then I noticed that it was real quiet in the courtyard. Scared of the thought I was found out to be the prince, I slowly turn my head to look. Everyone was looking at me, mouth agape upon hearing our conversation. They started looking back and forth from me to Gon. They seemed shocked that Gon was able to approach me so casually. I laughed nervously and shyly waved a bit. They all kneeled down on one knee with their faces facing the ground. I panicked.

"I-um-y-you guys can stand up n-now. You d-don't have to kneel down before m-me. S-save that for my father." I said as I waved my arms around in panic. All of the sudden, I feel a strong aura come into the yard. Everyone tensed up, including me and Gon. I knew who it was. It was none other than my older brother Illumi. His triangular dead fish eyes were looking at me. I felt sweat dripping down my forehead.

"Killua, you know you are royalty so people below you should kneel down to you. You are in power." dead fish stinky ass said. (Killua: Ahem, I meant stupid bitch. Gon: Killua! *hits him* Killua: ow, fine, it's Illumi.)

"Now, now, Illumi, don't be like that. You can't take over the kingdom thinking like that." a voice says. We all turn to the direction of the voice and there stands the King.

"Father!" I gasped. My father barely comes home to the castle because of trips for meetings and negotiation with the other countries. I was surprised he was home right now. 'He must have come back to see all of the new knights.' I thought.

Third Person's POV

---

"Your majesty!" Everyone said in sync, still kneeling down. Silva(The King) waved for them to stand up.

"I am quite pleased with the knights we have hired. You all seem very capable with protecting the castle and for our country." Silva smiled. He looked at Gon who was standing right next to Killua. "And who might you be? You seem very young."

"Your majesty, my name is Gon Freecss, and I am actually 17 years old." Gon said with a smile.

"Hmm, I like this one. You have a strong looking body and determination in your eyes. Another plus is that you are the same age as my son. You may work as Killua's knight if you can prove that you can protect him." Silva said.

"Huh?!" 

A/N: Hey guys! This is my first fanfic that I've planned to put on Wattpad! I have of course wrote other fanfics but not very much. I really hope you like it since I'm not much of an author. ehehe... 

I started HxH at the beginning of quarantine and I've come to love it, especially the duo. Killugon/Gonkillu is one of my favorite ships so far and I would love to see them become cannon, but the editors had declined the part where they become childhood lovers, or as far as I've heard from it. ;-; I'm not finished with the anime yet but I'm currently at the last arc, and I'm very scared ahahaha...

I don't know if there will be a regular update schedule since school has just started for me, but I'll try to update at least once a week! Thank you for reading! :))) Stay tuned for the next chapter!!