40 - Content

"Claire, honey!" Susana came running towards her with a bone-crushing hug when they entered Ziggy's parent's house.

"We invited them" Emily said as she hugged her as well.

Oscar shook Ziggy's hand and hugged Claire as well.

Zacharias gave her a hug too. "Welcome back" he said.

Claire was just speechless. Ziggy took her hand and kissed it. Susana giggled like a high schooler and Oscar just smiled at the sight.

"Dinner is ready!" Emily told them and led them all to the dining area.

"So Claire, where have you been?" Zacharias asked.

"I traveled all around US and Europe" Claire answered. "Tried my best to learn the art culture of every city."

"Are you back for good?" Emily inquired.

"Yes" Claire replied and looked at Ziggy. He smiled widely at her.

"Something you want to tell us?" Oscar asked, teasing in his voice.

"Claire and I are back together" Ziggy proudly informed them.

Both Susana and Emily clapped in delight. The two dads beamed.

"And we are moving in together" Ziggy revealed.

Suddenly, there was silence. Claire looked around. Everyone was sporting a poker face. Both Ziggy and her held their breath.

"I can't say that I'm surprised" Oscar finally said and shrugged. "You're both mature adults. We know we can trust you in your decisions."

"I agree" Susana seconded.

Emily and Zacharias agreed as well.

Ziggy beamed at Claire. She leaned her head in his shoulder and kissed it.

"You two are too cute for words!" Emily exclaimed. "When's the wedding?" she joked.

"Mom!" Ziggy scolded her. "We just got back together."

"And yet you two are moving in" Zacharias teased.

Ziggy just sighed. Claire caressed his thigh under the table as she laughed along with their parents.

"I love you" she whispered to him.

They all proceeded to talk and exchange stories. Claire can't help but beam all night. She missed this. And the thought of having this for the rest of her life gave her a warm and content feeling.

-----

After his meeting, Ziggy hurriedly went home. He had a bit of a panic when Claire wasn't home when he arrived. He felt relieved when he saw a note on the fridge that' Claire is up the rooftop.

He watched Claire for a moment as she talk to some of the plants. She's so adorable. Ziggy quietly approached her and hugged her from the back.

"Welcome home" Claire greeted him. She turned around and gave him a kiss.

"Ready to move your stuff?" he asked her.

"Ready as I can be" she tapped his nose with her index finger.

He gave her a kiss and they went back downstairs.

They borrowed one of Emily's trucks and drove to Claire's parent's.

Fortunately, they managed to fit everything so they only had to do one trip.

Claire hugged her parents tight as Ziggy closed the back door or the truck.