31 - Muse

A few days before New Year, the gang gathered to Maddy's condo for an advance party. It also served as Maddy's despedida for her condo because she and Blaster have decided to live together in his condo once 2019 starts.

"I want to move out of my parent's house this 2019" Claire opened up to Ziggy while they sat on the balcony. Maddy and Blaster were busy cleaning up in the kitchen after their dinner.

"Really? Does your parents know?" Ziggy asked.

"Not yet" Claire answered. "I'm gonna tell them after New Year."

"Have you searched for a place yet?" he inquired.

"Not yet" Claire chuckled. "I just thought of it earlier."

"Well, call me if you need help finding a place" Ziggy offered. "My mom knows an agent."

"Noted" Claire smiled at him. "How about you?"

"My condo's tenant will move out in February" Ziggy replied.

"You still got about two months of your parents annoying you" Claire joked.

"Yeah" Ziggy laughed. "But it was nice living with them again."

"Reminds you of your youth where you don't have responsibilities" Claire supplemented.

"It's been years but I am still not used to you finishing my thoughts. I will always be amazed" Ziggy shook his head.

"It's the know-it-all in me" Claire kidded.

"I love it" Ziggy beamed.

They just stared at each other for a moment before Ziggy looked away.

"So, how's Keifer?" he asked.

"Away in Alaska with his family" Claire said flatly.

"You two fought again?" Ziggy asked.

"No, I'm just annoyed at him" Claire said. "I really want to talk to him but it seems like he's evading all my effort."

"I didn't know he can be a douche" Ziggy commented.

Claire laughed at his comment. He beamed. He's glad Claire snapped out of her annoyed mood so easily.

"Thank you" Claire said.

"For what?" Ziggy asked.

"For pulling me out of feeling frustrated over Keifer" Claire answered.

"I'm sorry I asked about him" Ziggy replied.

"It's fine" Claire said. "Thanks for always asking about how I am."

"We look out for each other, don't we?" Ziggy smiled at her.

"Guys! Come on! Let's play some cards!" Blaster called from inside.

Ziggy put his arms around Claire's shoulder as they went back inside. Maddy raised an eyebrow at her. Claire playfully elbowed Ziggy. He faked being hurt and Claire rolled her eyes at him.

After a few rounds of poker and some bottle of wine, they all decided to call it a night. Since both Claire and Ziggy had too much to drink, they just decided to spend the night. The girls retired to Maddy's bed and Ziggy and Blaster used the air mattress and set it up in the living room. Ziggy turned, trying to find the best position that will make him comfortable.

"Dude, you still awake?" Blaster asked quietly.

"Yeah, obviously" Ziggy chuckled.

"Can I ask you something?" Blaster started. "But don't be mad, okay?"