10 - Feelings

He lied on national television. Well, sort of. He and Claire are really good friends, but somehow he can't stop thinking about his answer to Tom. It feels wrong somehow. He tossed and turned in his bed. What's wrong with him? Why does he suddenly feel weird. He checked his phone.

"My notifications are blowing up! Gee, thanks a lot! Hahahaha. Anyway, see you tomorrow. Good night!" Claire had sent him. His heartrate sped up. He almost forgot he invited her to the studio.

He put his hand on his heart feeling it finally calm down. Okay, maybe she's starting to be much more special to him, he admitted to himself. But it's not like it's gonna make a huge change, right? He thought some more. That night, he dreamt of his grandpa who had promised him they'll go to Lake Tahoe for Christmas. Someone threw a snowball at him. He turned and it was Claire.

----

Claire plopped down the sofa in their living room. She just got home from visiting Ziggy in the Aurora Studios. She finally got to meet Blaster. He was fun – very goofy but deep. She made a mental note to introduce Maddy to him. She's sure they would click right away.

"Claire?" her mom called out. "You home?"

"Yes, Mama" she answered.

"Perfect! I just finished preparing snacks" her mom poked her head from the kitchen. "You've been gone a long time. I thought you're just gonna drop by Ziggy's studio session real quick?" she asked.

"They made me stay to watch how they record. Then we just hanged out and lost track of time" Claire explained.

"Did you manage to order me the flowers?" Susana asked.

"Of course I did, Mama" Claire smiled at her mom. "Here's your claim stub. Wednesday, right?"

"Correct. Thank you my dear" her mom kissed her on the cheek.

Her phone vibrated on her pocket. It's Miss Candice, the gallery manager. She opened it immediately. Miss Candace informed her that she's seen the compilation of works she sent her. The gallery manager was impressed and want to exhibit it. She set a meeting for them so they can make a presentation to pitch to the gallery executives and benefactors.

Miss Candace also mentioned Claire's friendship with Ziggy. She thinks if they invite him, it can generate more curious audience for the show. Claire was uneasy with it at first because the idea of using Ziggy is a little off putting. Plus, if there will be a show featuring her work then it better be the center of attention. But the manager is right. Ziggy is so in right now, he can influence people to go to galleries and support the art industry. She agreed but told her she'll ask Ziggy first.

After her chat with Miss Candice, her dad arrived home. They all ate in the dining room, happily celebrating Claire's new achievement. After eating, she posted on Twitter that she's in the mood for drinks and celebration. Ziggy immediately agreed even offering to buy the drinks. Maddy agreed to come as well.

-----

Ziggy was passing the time listening to his vinyl records. He's gathering as much inspiration as he can because they are in the phase of polishing the album. But he can't quite concentrate because he's so excited to meet up with Claire later. His phone chimed.

"Ziggy! Dad just listened to the full album. He's really, really, really happy about it" Blaster texted him.

"Really? Nice! I can breathe much easier now" Ziggy replied.

"I think he's impressed with me too. I think he'll finally let me handle more stuff in the company" Ziggy can feel Blaster's excitement.

"That's great buddy! I'm proud of you!" he hyped Blaster.