2 - Concert

Humpreys Concerts by the Bay

San Diego, California, December 2009

"Ow!" Claire yelped as another guy bumped into her. She is now second-guessing if it was indeed a great idea to be in a mosh pit with her fellow OneRepublic fans. She took a note in her mind to berate Kristen later about the mosh pit not being worth it. Where the heck is she anyway? She looked around. She can't spot Chase or Fred too. She'll find them later. For now she want to enjoy the concert to the fullest. After all, this is the first time her parents allowed her to attend one.

"Joey?" Ziggy whisper-shouted around. He's gonna be so screwed if he didn't find his friend immediately. Her mother is so strict and they have been in enough troubles already. He felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. He knows it his mom. He's gonna be grounded once he gets home.

"Hey everyone!" Ryan Tedder said on the microphone. Ziggy decided he'll find Joey later. He just want to enjoy the last song. "I hope you had a great time. This last song is called 'All This Time'."

Claire squealed a little bit too loudly. 'All This Time' is her favorite from the new album they just released. The guy beside him turned her way. She can't see his face and she hopes he isn't annoyed. "If you haven't found him or her yet, trust me they are just out there waiting just like you."

She sang along loudly as Ryan sang the song. She was surprised to hear the guy beside him sing along too. She wished a light will shine their way so she could see the guy's face.

Ziggy was surprised when the girl beside her sang along to the song. It was just released so not many people know it word by word yet but the girl does. He sang along with her.

"Thank you! Have a good night!" Ryan said after singing the last lines of the song beautifully. The band proceeded to exit the stage. 

Before he can stop himself, Ziggy said to the girl, "Hey, I think we're the only ones who screamed our lungs out to that song!" he yelled her way. The crowd was rowdy.

"What?" Claire yelled back. The guy was suddenly talking to her. 

"We're the only ones that really sang along!" she heard him say. 

"Oh yeah, totally!" she replied.

"I'm Ziggy! We should meet up after this!" he offered. He can't put his finger on it, he is suddenly drawn to this girl. He hoped all the lights turn on already so he can see her face. 

"I'm sorry, what was that?" she said. The crowd is still out of control. They are being pushed back and forth.

"We should meet up after this! What's your name?" Claire heard the guy said. She didn't quite caught his name when he said it. 

"I'm Claire!" she yelled but a loud whoop drowned her voice. "Let's meet outside at the merch shop!" she hoped he heard that. A group of people pushed him further away. 

"Cool! I'll just need to find my friend. I kinda lost her!" he yelled back. 

"Okay! See you later then!" she said. The light shined at his face a little bit showing a smile. Claire felt butterflies in her stomach.

After pushing through so many sweaty people, Ziggy managed to make his way out of the venue. He stood at the merch shop and checked his phone. His mom left 15 missed calls and 8 voicemails. He's so screwed. He dialed Joey's number. 

"Hello?" he heard Joey from the other line. 

"Hey! Where are you?" he asked. 

"I'm with the paramedics near gate 3. I hurt my foot jumping from the song they played before they took a break" Joey said.

Damn it, Ziggy thought to himself. "Alright, let me get my car and pull up next to the paramedic." I'm sorry All This Time girl, he thought. Ziggy hoped someday they'll meet again.

After Claire got distracted by a classmate from elementary that she bumped into, she made her way to the merch shop. There's a lot of guys there busy looking at stuff. She doesn't think the guy she sang along with is one of them. No offense to the guy but he's not as tall as the guys at the shop. After a few minutes she took her phone from her pocket and turned it on. Kristen's messages came flooding. Oh shit, her Papa is there waiting for her at the ticket booth where they all agreed to meet up if they lost each other. She knew he would come to fetch her. He's very paranoid. She replied and made her way to the rendezvous point. Maybe some other time, she thought to herself as she walked away.

---------------

*Header Art: "Renaissance Italy: Trombone in Outdoor Concert"