|7| 𝙲𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚍𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚒𝚘𝚞𝚛 ✔︎

𝐌𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐥𝐞𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐠 𝐇𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬, 𝐎𝐡𝐢𝐨

__________

"Let me drive" Harper insisted for the hundredth time since the trio left Detroit. Rachel watched on with amusement as Dick tightened his grip on the wheel. " No" he gritted out, just like the last hundred times she had asked." Come on  Dick, you don't let anyone drive the car except you. C’mon please. I won't do anything I swear." Harper pleaded, her lips pulled into a pout as she gave Dick her best impression of the forbidden puppy dog eyes.

" No Harper, no one drives the Porsche but me" he said not even glancing at the girl. Harper let out a sigh, slumping in the seat." You're worse than Bruce, at least he allowed me to drive around the block with the Batmobile." She huffed. Rachel let out a chuckle at Dick's annoyed face. " I still don't understand how he let you drive the Batmobile."

" It's because I'm more likeable than you." She mocked. " No you're just annoying." " I think I'm adorable, not annoying." She said, a smug look passed across her face. Dick sighed not having it in him to disagree with her.

Rachel laughed quietly in the back. She could see just how much the two meant to each other, and even if they couldn't see it, everyone else could. The two were destined to be together, even if they were too stubborn to realise it.

The trio sat in a diner, Dick and Harper on the one side of the booth and Rachel on the other. The waitress placed a plate of waffles in front of Harper before pouring coffee into Dick's cup. He watched as the brunette's face lit up at the sight of  food before digging in, stuffing her face to the brim with the sweet delight. He snickered before turning to the black and purple haired teen.

" You want a hot chocolate or something?" Dick questioned. Harper raised her head, her cheeks filled with waffles. " Just coffee. Black" she responded looking out the window. Harper swallowed, a grin tugged at her lips. " What, black like your soul, are you one of those teens?" she said. Dick raised an eyebrow at her. She looked at him before nodding. " No okay sorry. I'll just...uh eat my waffles" she said before continuing to consume the dessert trying to hide the flush of embarrassment.

Dick tore his gaze away from the girl, looking back at Rachel to continue their conversation." I bet they have marshmallows." He tried. Rachel tore her eyes from the window to glare at Dick. " I'm not a kid, okay?" She snapped.

Dick let his shoulders deflate before  giving her a nod and turning to the waitress. " Okay. Same for the lady"

Rachel fiddled with her drink, her hands rubbing over the chipped mug. " My mom didn't like me to drink coffee"  she said before grabbing the sugar container and pouring majority of its contents into her coffee. Harper let out a chuckle. " Sweet tooth, huh?". She got silence in return, pursing her lips she shared a look with Dick.

" Rachel, has anything like... like what happened, ever happened before?" He questioned, the two curious on what they had witnessed regarding the man and Rachel.

" No. Not like that." She sighed. " I didn't mean to kill that guy."

" We know Rachel,  but how did you kill that guy?" Harper asked the girl. They couldn't understand how the girl who looked like she couldn't hurt a fly had killed a man.

Rachel just took a sip of her drink, glancing at the serviette holder. The two adults knew they weren't going to get a response. " We're gonna go see some old friends of ours. They're safe. They'll give us a place to lie low for a second, get our heads together, figure out what to do next." Dick said. Harper snapped her head to her left raising an eyebrow curiously. They hadn't seen Hank and Dawn since the Titans disbanded. Sure she kept in touch, her and Hank were close. But with Dawn ,let's just say Harper still hasn't completely forgiven her with the whole Dick and Dawn relationship thing.

Dick simply ignored her questioning stare. " You're scared, we get it." He spoke trying to ease the girl's nerves.  " But sometimes there's no time to be scared."

Harper saw the girls hesitance. " Hey, no one's gonna get you. Okay, I promise. They'll have to go through us first. "  Harper offered her a smile.

Rachel looked at the brunette." Where else am I going anyway." She responded.

Harper shrugged looking at the two.   " Well then, let's get this show on the road. " she clapped her hands before sprinting to the car. Her laugh followed her right outside where she dangled the keys that she had managed to snag off Dick. He rolled his eyes at the girl’s antics, not even surprised. The two laughed at the girl who was making herself very comfortable in the driver's seat, sticking her tongue out and flipping Dick off. They rolled their eyes before climbing into the car.