|33| 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝 ✔︎

The group had pulled up to a very withered looking house. Vines and parched trees surrounded the house as dead grass covered the stretch of land.

Angela said it was homely and that it had character. Harper didn’t believe one word coming from the woman as she stared up at the old house.

Kory had stayed outside for a bit , she had sent Harper a nod telling her to carry on without her as she just needed some time to think. Rachel had stayed behind as well, hoping to talk to the magenta haired woman.

" Make yourselves at home." Angela told Harper and Gar as she made her way up the stairs.

" How are you holding up?" Harper asked lightly, looking at Gar once she heard Angela's footsteps disappear . The two rarely had a chance to talk, one on one. They had been so caught up with everything that she never truly got to check up on the teen, especially after the incident at the asylum.

His shoulders deflated as he stared at the brunette. Her face was drawn in concern as she watched his eyes glaze over.

She stepped forward placing a gentle hand on his arm. He looked down, avoiding her eyes that seemed as if she could squeeze the truth out of the devil himself.

" Gar, what did they do to you?" She whispered. Her heart broke as a tear leaked out of his eye. His hand shot up trying to get rid of the water that began forming in his eyes. He didn’t want to feel weak, especially not in front of her. Harper grabbed his hand before he could make any move to wipe away his tears. She shook her head, giving him one of the most reassuring smiles she could muster. She wasn’t going to judge him, she never would.

Her arms wrapped around his middle as his head dropped to her shoulder. She felt his body rack with sobs, which only caused her to squeeze him tighter. Gar was like a little brother to her. She vowed to protect him ever since she saw his bright smile, mischievous eyes and bright green hair. She knew he would make his way into her heart, just like how Jason and Rachel did. The fact that he looked so broken, absolutely shattered her heart.

She whispered sweet nothings into his ear,trying to calm him down. He tightened his grip on her as she replicated his actions. She felt maybe that if he knew she was there, she would somehow be able to take away all his pain.

He pulled away looking into her soft brown eyes, a small delicate smile graced her lips as she gently wiped his tears, her hands on either side of his face.

" I killed someone." He muttered. His eyes shot to the floor, too ashamed to look at the woman he thought of as a sister. He couldn't bare to see her disgusted face when she realises what he had done. He couldn't lose the woman who he thought so highly of, who he looked up to as a kid. He couldn't let her down. Not Harper.