|6| 𝚁𝚊𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚕 𝚁𝚘𝚝𝚑 ✔︎

The car slowed to a stop as they pulled up to where they thought Rachel was being held. It was an old run down abandoned building on the corner of one of Detroit's more, questionable areas. Graffiti painted the walls both high and low with broken shards of glass scattered around the premises. Shattered windows allowed for the cool breeze to circulate throughout the building. The cold and uninviting aura it gave off reminded her too much of Star City and its crime filled streets. She looked at the building with disdain before they shared a look of understanding and got out of the car to rescue the teenager.

Their steps were light, careful as to not make any sound that could jeopardise their rescue mission. They approached the back door, the reddish paint was peeling and Harper had to suppress a wince as the door let out a groan when Dick twisted it open. When they deemed that no one had heard them, they entered the building. Harper recoiled at the musty stench that filled her senses, she shook her head trying to focus on her breathing.

" Dick" Harper whispered, eyeing the light that shined from around the corner. He raised his finger to his lips. Harper rolled her eyes.

The light disappeared behind the wall, Dick lunged forward using that as an advantage. He darted  into the room and deliverd a swift blow to the officer. The officer staggered backwards but Dick was on him in a matter of seconds, sharp and heavy punches were thrown his way before the officer was helplessly put into a chokehold. The man clawed at Dick, trying to loosen his grip but he fell short. He was out like a light in seconds.

Harper entered the room just as Dick dropped the officer's body in the corner. The two didn't spare him another glance before continuing their search. Dick pulled out his gun from his holster, with the gun poised the two turned down a hallway. Harper constantly looking over her shoulder just in case.

She fiddled with one of the doorknobs, the brass knob rattled but remained shut. Harper gave it a hard tug before Dick grabbed her arm lightly. He gently moved her aside, ignoring the sharp look she sent him. When his shoulder met the door, Harper let out a soft laugh. So much for trying to show off. She sent him a grin before mimicking his previous attempts at chivalry. She moved him aside before kicking the door open, the door flew wide, hitting the wall adjacent to it. Harper sent him a smug smile as Dick scoffed.

" Rachel!" Dick yelled. They heard Rachel scream, her shouts and pleas echoing throughout the building. They shared concerned glances before rushing towards the desperate cries.

Harper arrived first, she saw the teen strapped to a chair writhing with fabric shoved into her mouth.                " Rachel!" She gasped. Rachel looked at the girl, eyes turning black like coal.

The door slammed shut right in front of her face. Harper stumbled back, she prepared for her back to meet the ground but the impact never came. Two arms wrapped around her waist preventing her from falling. She glanced up, Dick looked at her, concern brimming in his brown eyes. If she had tilted her head slightly their lips would've met. She shook the thought away as a bang from the other side of the door had her scrambling out of his grasp.