|26| 𝚁𝚘𝚋𝚒𝚗 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙰𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚖𝚒𝚜 ✔︎

Sunlight filtered through the curtains as Harper's eyes slowly opened. Blinking away the sleep, she yawned before trying to turn over but a heavy weight around her waist prevented her from doing so. Her eyes travelled down only to find an arm draped over her stomach. Her eyes slowly drifted up, widening when she saw Dick laying on his stomach, one arm holding her firmly in place while the other dangled lifelessly over the edge of the bed.

Butterflies erupted in her stomach as she felt heat rush up her neck whilst she encountered last night's events. She tried to pry his arm off of her but it only resulted in him pulling her closer. He grumbled some incoherent words before burying his head further into the pillow. She let out a sigh before gently nudging him awake.

" Dick?" she whispered, shaking his shoulder gently. " Dick?" she tried again. He let out a snore before laying his head in the crook of her neck. Harper grunted before rolling her eyes and nudging him harder. " Dick, wake up" she said.

He opened one eye, glancing at her face before shutting it, letting out a quiet yet clear 'no'. Harper shook her head, a mischievous glint settled in her eyes as a devious smirk etched itself onto her face. " You sure you don't want to get up?" she tried one more time. When he shook his head and cuddled closer, Harper used all the strength she could muster and pushed him right off the bed.

His body collided to the floor with a heavy thump. His limbs tangled together in a mess with the sheets.       " What the hell Harper!" he shouted from his position on the floor. Harper let out a laugh looking down at him from her spot on the bed.She leaned over grabbing the blanket at the edge of the bed as she wrapped the material around her exposed body. " I told you to get up." She chuckled.

He stood up, gently rubbing his head as he playfully glared at her. She shot him an innocent smile while patting his chest. " See, you're awake. Now get dressed. I'm going to the bathroom." She told him, making her way to the bathroom. Dick scrambled as he put on his boxers before making his way towards her as she clutched the rough material to her chest.

He gently grabbed her wrist, pulling her back into his chest. His lips connected with hers and she responded immediately back. Her eyes falling shut as their lips moved in tandem. They pulled away after a few seconds but to them, it felt like hours.

" Well okay" Harper breathed out, she could still feel the tingles on her lips. He sent her a genuine smile, one she had not seen on his face for so long. A smile filled with love, happiness and adoration. And it was all directed to her. It was a smile she longed for, that made her weak in the knees. It was a miracle she was still standing.

" Hurry up" he told her before a knock was heard from the door.
" I got it." He nodded before winking at her. She smiled back before retreating to the bathroom, the door locking with a click.