|35| 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚗𝚍 ✔︎

Harper had went to the bathroom while Gar had made his way to the bedroom.

She splashed water on her face as she stood hunched over the sink. Her knuckles turned white as she gripped onto the edges of the porcelain frame. The coolness of the water ran down her face as she tried to shake the uneasiness in her bones. Something about rescuing Angela felt wrong. There was something off about the woman but Harper knew she couldn't do anything, seeing as it would crush Rachel. The girl had just gotten her mother back and Harper wouldn't make such rash decisions based of a speculation.

She wiped her face with the towel before looking up into the mirror.
She gasped as she saw Dick’s face staring into her own. Harper stumbled back with horrified eyes as blood coated his mouth, dripping down his chin. His eyes glared into hers. Harper stared in shock as he smirked at her.

" This is all your fault." He chanted.

Harper blinked as she desperately tried to free the haunting image from her mind. She shook her head, her eyes screwed shut as ragged breaths ripped through her.

When she reopened her eyes, he was nowhere to be seen. She sprinted out of the room only to crash into an equally startled Gar. Her hands held onto his arms as she took in his frazzled state.

" Did you see something too?" She breathed. He nodded before the two ran outside. Harper had tried to call Dick but it only responded by saying no service. Harper groaned while Gar took out his phone dialling the number. They stared in confusion as it crackled before the phone completely shut off.

Her head shot up when she saw Dick standing by a tree that had a tire swing hanging from the branches. He had a slash in his throat and an arrow  protruding from his stomach. Her eyes watered as blood poured down his wounds as his soulless eyes bored into hers. A teasing smile spread across his face as he mockingly waved at her.

She blinked as she heard the front door open. Rachel stepped out of the house placing a hand on the brunette as she stared worryingly at the girl and boy.

" You guys okay?"

" Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just going to head inside." She told the two before shaking her head glancing back at the spot Dick once stood. She sighed when she saw he had disappeared.

Harper felt a headache arise but she just downed a glass of water trying to get rid of the migraine. She shook it off as nothing. She had more pressing matters  to attend to other than a  simple headache.

She went to lie down on the bed as the pounding in her head only seemed to increase, but she pushed it aside when she heard Rachel yell for her saying it was Gar. Harper stumbled out of bed, rushing towards Rachel's pleas.

She froze in front of the bathroom door, seeing Gar on the floor as he seized. " Gar! Quick get him on his side." She commanded as she pushed past Angela who stood in the doorway.