|8| 𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚊 𝚠𝚎𝚊𝚔𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜 ✔︎

𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐭

𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐭

________

Punch, kick, dodge

Harper ducked from the oncoming blow Hank had sent her way. Her body swerved right as his fist flew past her. Dick,  Dawn, Hank and Harper were at the training quarters down in the Bat Cave fulfilling another one of their mandatory training lessons.

Hank and Harper were sparring in the middle of the mat while Dawn and Dick stood by the side watching the two friends. Dick had his arms around her as he rested his chin on her platinum blonde curls.

" Seriously Hank, not even one hit." Harper taunted, her arms spread out by her sides as the two circled each other like prey and predator. Hank let out a disgruntled noise before he suddenly charged forward, trying to land a blow to the side of her face. His well built structure and height fueled his strength and fire but he lacked patience. He was easily triggered and that's when Harper would strike. She danced on air, her footwork airy as if she was walking on clouds. She saw her opening.

Harper quickly moved out the way, his fist inches from her face.  She twisted her body extending her leg before hooking it around his ankle and sweeping him off of his feet. The bigger they are the harder they fall. Hank lost his balance, landing on the mat with an oof.

" Ow!" he groaned from his spot on the mat. Dick and Dawn chuckled at Hank’s face that morphed into one of pain. His eyes shut as his hand rested limply on his chest. His breath coming out in ragged pants.

" What, you didn't see that coming?" she laughed before offering him a hand. He grudgingly took it, dusting off the imaginary lint from his shirt. " I'll get you one day Phoenix" he warned before looping his arm around her neck, his large hand ruffling her hair.

Harper squirmed in his grasp before shooting her friends a smug wink.          " The day that you best me Hank" she laughed as she raised her hands to his arm, her foot placed slightly forward as she slanted her body. " Is the day I'll surrender to you." she smiled before using her strength and flipping him over. His back landed on the mat with a hard smack. He let out a groan as she peered over him, her hands resting on her hips. " I surrender to no man."

Harper aided him to his feet as she rolled her eyes playfully at the couple beside her. " Are you two just going to stand there making goo-goo eyes at each other or are you actually going to train." Harper complained as Hank slumped in the chair near the punching bags as he tried to even out his breathing.

" Jealousy isn't a good colour on you Harper " Dick grinned as him and Dawn took to the floor. " And douche isn't flattering on you either "  Harper mocked as she tilted her head to the side, her shoulders shrugging nonchalantly "- yet here we are"

Dick scoffed as he shoved her playfully. Dawn watched their interaction, a small scowl pulling at her lips before she picked up a wooden staff. Her eyes briefly flickering over to Hank before meeting Dick's gaze. She tossed him another staff as the two positioned themselves opposite each other. Harper stood beside Hank as she rested her arm on his shoulders, their eyes never wavering from the couple who circled each other, wooden staffs being twirled in their hands.

Dawn made the first move, swinging the stick towards Dick's stomach, he jumped back, the two sticks clashing together with a  smack. Dawn moved back landing a hit on Dick’s side. He stumbled slightly, glaring at the platinum blonde girl. She sent him a wink as Harper stifled her laugh at his surprise.

Harper ignored the sound of wood on wood and instead looked down at her friend whose eyes were locked on a certain girl with hair as white as snow. " When are you going to tell her you love her?" Harper whispered so that Dick and Dawn wouldn't hear them conversing.

Hank's focus snapped as he threw her a glare." I'm not in love with Dawn" Hank grumbled, his shoulders slouched as his knee bounced up and down. Harper shook her head, a soft almost sad smile tugging at her lips. " I never said a name Hank" her brown eyes darting from Hank to where Dick had Dawn trapped. She felt a pang of hurt as their laughter echoed through the cave.

Hank scoffed almost in disbelief.             " When are you going to tell him?" Hank said as he looked between Harper and Dick. She shook her head. She couldn't she thought. Harper smiled a sorrowful expression, her hand gently patting her friend's shoulder. " Love is a weakness that we can't afford on the battle field. " Harper said, her words feeling bitter. Love wasn't a weakness but a strength if wielded correctly. Though is was a distraction and it showed in their actions. Harper let out a sigh as she looked at Hank. " Be patient Hank, she'll realise soon enough." she sent him a smile as Dawn and Dick finished off their spar.

Dawn finally managed to knock Dick’s stick away from his hand, the tip of her staff pointed at his exposed neck. He blew a breath, sweat beading down his brow as he raised his arms in surrender before tapping the stick twice. Dawn lowered her weapon before smacking the back of his ass. The boy shot her a look of disbelief as Harper let out a laugh. Dawn smiled innocently as she placed the staffs back on their holder

" I was distracted" he tried to defend.   " Sure, that's the reason" Harper retaliated, a laugh erupting from her chest. " You just need practise." Dawn responded as she came up behind him and circled her arms around his waist before pecking his cheek lightly.

Harper and Hank shared equally disgusted looks before simultaneously gagging. The couple raised an eyebrow at the very mature faces their friends were making.

Harper broke off from Hank's side as she gathered her belongings " Anyway I've got to bounce, Dinah's expecting me for dinner. Barry and the gang are coming over. She'll have my head if I'm late. "

She and Hank did their ritualistic handshake before hugging Dawn goodbye. Her hand raised in mock salute before disappearing back to Star City for a very eventful family dinner.