|12| 𝚁𝚢𝚍𝚎𝚛 𝙿𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚗𝚒𝚡 ✔︎

The trio consisting of Dick, Harper and Rachel were in the guest bedroom in Hank and Dawn's apartment. Dick and Rachel were setting up the bed while Harper sat on the stool in the corner of the room, her arm draped lazily around her stomach as she listened in to their conversation.

" So, you and Dawn?" Rachel mused, her hands fluffing the pillow. And here we go, Harper sighed as she rolled her eyes.

" No" Dick denied, he bent down as folded a blanket. " You realize it's impossible to lie to me, right?"  Rachel stated, her brow raising in amusement.

Harper shifted uncomfortably in her seat, contemplating whether to leave them and go find Hank but she couldn't bring herself to miss out on what he had to say.

" When we were kids" He reasoned before making sure she would be settled and began walking out. He stoppped at the door and turned around when he heard her next question.

" Why did you hurt her?" Rachel asked. " I didn't mean to , but it's all in the past now." Dick told her.   " Not for her" Rachel shot back.

If only Dick knew Rachel wasn't talking about the blonde in the other room but instead about the brunette who was trying very hard to ignore her jealousy and feelings towards her best friend.

Harper was in the shower while Dawn and Rachel went shopping and Dick was venturing off doing whatever the hell Dick does.

Harper was drying her hair when she walked into the living room. She overheard Dawn asking Dick if he wanted to see the case that they were working on. Not one to miss out on some action, Harper sat next to the pair waiting for Dawn to start explaining.

" The supplier's name is Bronson. He's moving small hand guns. He's trying to corner the pre-teen market." Dawn reported passing the blueprints in between Harper and Dick. " Intel says they're making a new shipment tomorrow night on the docks, and we think we can break the chain."

Dick sighed before typing into the bat computer. " The famous bird computer" Dawn chuckled eyeing the machine. " Wayne Enterprises tech? What happened between you two, you an Bruce?" Dawn questioned. When she received no answer she turned to the brunette who sat fidgeting with the tablet.

" How have you been Harper?".       

" Surviving. One day at a time." She shrugged. Small talk was never her strong suit. They were cut off by a remark about dragons from Rachel. The group laughed at the outburst from the teenager.

" It's a big responsibility" Dawn told the two. " What?" Harper frowned.      " Taking her in. I mean, I know how healing it must be, doing what Bruce and Oliver did  to you guys , when you lost your parents." Harper averted her gaze at that. She never really thought about it like that. The whole reason she was in this predicament in the first place is because she would do anything for Dick and he knew that. So when he asked her for help. She dropped everything and left. Plus she grew fond of Rachel, the girl grew on her over the short period of time that they knew each other. Maybe she was still trying to heal from the loss of her parents and the disappearance of her brother, and maybe Rachel was that missing piece that she needed.

Harper's phone began to ring. She pulled it out of her pocket seeing the name Dinah flash across the screen. Looking up she excused herself before walking into the other room for some privacy.

" Dinah hey?" Harper greeted.

" Harper, how are you?" Dinah's voice rang out from the other end of the line. She could hear shuffling in the background curious as to why Dinah had phoned.

" I'm good, what's up. How's Oliver and Barry?  Last I heard they were what,saving the timeline or something." Harper  chuckled.

" Yeah they did but Harper there's something you need to know." The tone in Dinah's voice made Harper nervous. " I'm listening." She said, sitting on the edge of her bed. She heard Dinah sigh on the line before uttering the five words that drained all the colour from her face.

" Harper, your brother is alive."

( 👁👄👁)

( 👁👄👁)

ALSO GUYSSSS ILYYYY

(This boy literally owns my heart no joke)

( Future me. We've come so far from 500 thank you so much ♡ )

R. I. P Chadwick Boseman❤🕊