|11| 𝙻𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚗𝚘 𝚜𝚎𝚎 ✔︎

𝐖𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐭𝐨𝐧, 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐂𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐢𝐚

______________

" So, who are these guys?" Rachel questioned as they pulled up to the apartment. " Old friends" Dick replied. " Truth is we haven't seen them in a long time."

Harper fiddled with her strap on her duffel bag as Dick knocked on the door. Her hands started getting clammy as they waited anxiously for the door to open. Truth be told, when Dick told her they were going to Hank and Dawn for help, Harper was sceptical. They hadn't seen each other since the Titans. Now ,they were standing right outside their apartment. She wasn't sure how they would react to seeing them after all these years.

The door opened and they were met with Dawn who stood straighter at the pair, surprise pooling in her eyes.          " Hey" Dick smiled. Harper bit her lip as she glanced between the two of them." Hi" she breathed staring at the man in front of her. If sensing the growing tension Rachel hastily moved forward. " I'm Rachel" She said , sticking her hand out. Dawn leaned forward wrapping her hand around Rachel's. " Dawn"

Rachel gasped, making all heads turn towards her. When Rachel finally came to her senses she looked at Harper who had her eyes trained on her shoes, shuffling awkwardly. Harper looked at Rachel trying to give her a small almost unnoticeable smile which caused Rachel to throw her a sympathetic look.

" Can we talk?" Dick said to the platinum blonde. " You're about four years too late, but sure." She said opening the door wider.

Harper stepped forward, the blonde turning her lingering  gaze from Dick to her.  " Harper " she whispered.         " You're a sight for sore eyes" she chuckled, a grin pulling at her lips at the brunette. " Hey stranger" Harper responded laughing. Dawn stepped forward pulling the taller girl into an embrace.

 Dawn stepped forward pulling the taller girl into an embrace

Harper pulled the sleeves of her jacket as the breeze blew wisps of hair behind her. They were standing on the roof. Dick, Harper and Dawn talked in hushed conversation, a distance away from Rachel who was watching the birds in the cage.

" She killed someone? She's just a kid." Dawn questioned looking at the two. They turned to face the teen who continued to watch the birds with a childlike awe."Whoever they are, they've got people in the department. We needed somewhere safe to regroup, think about what we're gonna do." Dick said.

"What about Bruce?" Dick looked at her scoffing slightly. " He's not good with kids." His response was strained.

" And Oliver?" She asked looking at Harper. " He's unavailable, doing some shit for The Flash in Central City. God knows he doesn't tell me anything about those missions. He's no help." Harper answered.

Dawn nodded looking down. " Cop, huh and what, waitress. Never would have figured. " Yeah" The two responded. Dawn let out a laugh, the sound being carried by the wind. " I see you've never changed. The unnerving talking in sync thing never stopped."

They continued to catch up after all the years spent apart. After Dawn explained that as soon as they take out these gun suppliers Hank was obsessed with, that they were out of the crime fighting life for good.

" Hey. The hell are you doing here, Dick?" Hank snapped making his way towards the trio. " Hank!" Harper exclaimed walking up to her old  friend. His face instantly brightened at the sight of her. His anger towards Dick seeming to disappear for a second.

" Well if it isn't little Miss Katniss" Hank chuckled at the brunette, a nickname he always called her ever since he saw her use a bow. " Well if it isn't our immature pigeon" Harper joked before pulling the bigger man into a hug. " How many times have I told you it's a Hawk not a pigeon, a hawk" he groaned putting the girl back down. " Damn have I missed you big guy." Harper said patting his shoulder. " Ditto, now I repeat, what the hell are you doing here?" He said his eyes hardening at Dick.

" We had a situation." He responded, shoving his hands in his pockets.         " Nice little reunion we got here." Hank spat ,his eyes never leaving Dick’s. " You know it's not like that" Dick said shooting down the idea Hank had in his mind. " Oh yeah  sure looks like that to me"

" Hank" Harper gestured to the teen who was clearly eavesdropping on the conversation happening between the adults. Hank grew confused at the kid." What the hell?" ." Can we just go back inside, please?" Dawn persisted trying to avoid the conflict and tension that was building up between the two men.

"C’mon". Harper nodded before brushing past Dick and into the house. He watched her figure disappear before following after.

 He watched her figure disappear before following after