|36| 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 ✔︎

Harper stood alongside the two teenagers as Rachel's father tried to convince the raven haired girl to join him. Gar had been listening to the conversation but Harper couldn't find it in herself too. Her eyes had been trained on Dick's motionless figure since she had saw him walk in. Black eyes and a stone cold face.

Her heart was thumping in her chest and all she could do was hope that he was fighting whatever darkness was in his head. She resisted the urge to run up to him and wake him up out of his trance but she couldn't. Rachel's father would kill her in seconds.

Gar's hand slipped into hers as he told Rachel's father that they'll pass. " Rach we gotta go." He told the girl before using his free hand to grab hers. Harper shivered as Dick's soulless eyes bored into hers.

" Run!"

The trio had turned down a corridor as they stopped to catch their breaths. Harper was constantly looking over her shoulder for Dick. She knew damn well Rachel's father would send him after them and they wouldn’t stand a chance against the crime fighter.

" No offense but your dad is an asshole." Gar panted.

" Tell me about it."

They heard a rumble before their heads swivelled to the side. They saw the corridor expand. The walls seeming to be never ending.

Harper groaned as it continued to stretch. " Oh you've got to be kidding me."

They started making their way down the corridor before Dick's voice boomed through the house.

" Rachel? Come out and play." He sang.

The group shared a look before Harper ushered the two teens into the bedroom.

" What is happening?" Gar uttered as he watched the portraits on the wall  wail. The eyes on the pictures were clawed out as black streaks rolled down their cheeks.

" It's my father. He's doing this. He's trying to scare us." Rachel concluded after she had locked the door.