|10| 𝚂𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚔𝚎𝚗✔︎

Rachel ripped her hand from where it laid on Harper's arm. She took heavy breaths as she waited for her vision to clear.

Harper bolted upright. Her hand clutching her heart as she gasped for air. Tears streaked down her face as she looked bewildered at the teenager.

" I'm sorry I-" Rachel was panicking,  apologising profusely to the brunette, her hands were wringing together furiously as she stumbled over her words.

" Rachel it's okay, calm down, hey." Harper sighed reaching out to the distressed girl.

" No no!" Rachel paced as tears made its way into her eyes. " Look at what you did Rachel, you're a monster. LOOK AT WHAT YOU DID! LET ME OUT! " Rachel cried as  her reflection banged on the mirror. Her dark and twisted voice screaming.

Rachel collapsed to the floor, her knees drawn to her chest as she prayed. " Rachel!" Harper shouted sprinting to the girl. Her hands went to grab the trembling girl but stopped abruptly when she started yelling.

"NO! Don't touch me, I don't want her getting out" Rachel sobbed trying to get as far away from the older woman as possible.

" Rachel, hey hey calm down alright. You're okay, you're okay" she soothed pulling the pale girl into a embrace. Rachel's arms circled around the girl’s back as she cried into her chest.

" Shh it's okay ,nothing bad is going to happen to you. Don't worry. " Harper consoled.

They heard the door open and Dick call out their names. When he walked into the bedroom he saw Harper on the floor holding a quivering Rachel.

Harper met his gaze, gently shaking her head mouthing a ' later'. He nodded, shooting Rachel a worried look before leaving Harper to comfort the teen.

 He nodded, shooting Rachel a worried look before leaving Harper to comfort the teen

" According to those files, the man that came after you may have been part of some doomsday cult." Dick told Rachel, looking at her through the rear-view mirror. They had left the motel and were now on their way to pay a visit to their old time friends.

" They apparently believe it's their destiny to prevent the end of the world." He said.

" Well they did a fan-fricken-tastic job at that" Harper muttered under her breath, scoffing slightly.  " Does that mean anything to you?" Dick questioned the girl, oblivious to the side comment Harper had made.

" Well  back when I was a kid, I didn't get too angry, or scared. 'Cause bad things happen." She responded looking at the adults that sat in front.

Harper furrowed her eyebrows at the statement." What kind of bad things?" She asked before Dick could. He shot her a annoyed look but she kept her gaze on the teen.

Rachel didn't respond instead looking out the window. " I guess I'm an orphan, too, now." She said glancing at the duo. Dick let out a chuckle while Harper just looked down at her lap. The image of her dead parents burnt  into her brain.

" That billionaire, Bruce Wayne, he raised you? " Rachel asked, looking at Dick. He snuck a glance at the girl sitting in the passenger seat before breathing out a quite ' yeah'.

" Who raised you Harper?" She inquired. " Huh, the other billionaire, Oliver Queen" She chuckled quietly.

" Must've been cool." Rachel smiled.    " It was complicated" the two spoke in unison.

Rachel sighed looking down at her lap. " Does it ever go away?" She whispered. " What?" Dick said.
" The feeling you got left behind."

" Yeah" Dick responded while Harper nodded solemnly. " Well, no, not entirely."

A silence fell upon the car. Rachel thinking about the question that was eating her alive since she met the duo. " You're gonna leave me too, aren't you?" She muttered.

"No" Harper said, her tone final. She looked at Dick seeing that he was already looking at her, before turning to the girl, placing a hand on top of hers.  " We're not going to leave you. I promise. We said we were going to look after you, and we plan on doing that. You're not going to be alone anymore Rachel, you understand. You've got us" Harper finished, patting the girl's thigh before turning back to the front.

Rachel sighed replaying Harper's words over in her head. Maybe she wasn't truly alone anymore.

 Maybe she wasn't truly alone anymore