|25| 𝙺𝚒𝚜𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕 ✔︎

The trio consisting of Harper, Kory and Dick were standing on the balcony watching the young teenagers who were sitting on a picnic bench outside the motel as they laughed amongst one another while Gar tried to teach Rachel how to roar

" Think they're okay?" Dick asked, sending a worried glance to the pair before looking at the girls.

" They will be" Harper sighed looking at the pair. A small smile pulled at her lips as she saw them laugh like they didn't have a care in the world. And they shouldn't. They were kids, but instead they were faced with life threatening situations, demonic powers and the feeling of being constantly on the run. Times like these, where they were able to be carefree were rare, something Harper knew all too well.

" They're cute together" Kory stated, a soft smile adorned her face as she watched the two.

" It's good to see her look like a normal kid again, you know." Dick commented, smiling at them as Rachel playfully shoved Gar.

Kory drew a breath catching a glimpse at the raven haired girl. " What I saw back there was not normal."

" Why do you think they're after her." Dick questioned.

" I think it has something to do with that prophecy that I found on my wall." Kory explained.

" That she's going to bring about the end of the world?" Dick accused. Rachel couldn't bring an end to the world. She was just scared, alone and lost. Her powers weren't her fault. He knew that and he could vouch for Harper that the two weren't going to let anything happen to Rachel, not while they were still breathing.

" Or stop it." Harper said, sending a fleeting glance to the girl.

" Bullshit!" He scoffed. " People make up stories about things they don't understand."

" Maybe. But that doesn't mean the people after her won't kill to get to her. Those two are gonna have to learn to fight for themselves." Kory said, the sadness and guilt in her tone meant she didn't want this to happen. She knew they were kids but they had to make sure that they were ready and prepared. That they were capable of defending themselves incase none of the adults could get to them in time.