15. Made For Loving You

sorry this is short, but guess who's back, back again, i'm back, tell a friend (-: 
__________________________________________

Holland's POV: 

"Colton?"

"Colton," I hear Dylan repeat in a mumble, not looking very happy. 

"Hol, I've been trying to get in contact with you for weeks," he pouts and I have to avert my gaze, because I know a gaze at him will have me weak. 

"Hol."

"What?" I finally glance up at him. The feeling of his long stare eventually prompted me to give in. He's wearing a light blue button up and he looks just as he did when he asked me out on our first date. 

"We need to talk," he pleads while I bite my lip. Why did we have to bump into each other now? I was just about to confess to Dylan that I lost the bet; the brown haired jokester has won my heart over with his adorable personality and ever so intriguing humor. 

"I still like you a lot. Just when I try to forget about you, figments of you float in my thoughts and I can't seem to shake them off." 

"What's new," Dylan sarcastically rolls his eyes, "next time you lie, be a bit more original." I frown at the slightly rude tone he used even though I know he's just trying to protect me. Colton takes no offense as he continues talking, disregarding Dylan's comment completely. 

"We shouldn't have part. I thought it'd be best for us since you are way better than me. You're smart and you deserve someone who can share that intelligence with you."

"Oh, look. You actually said something worth saying for once," Dylan butts in. 

"Can you please reconsider it? I know it's selfish of me but I just...want you so---"

"It's too bad she's my girlfriend already," Dylan cuts him off and I turn to him with widen eyes. What did he just say? 

"Are you serious? You moved on already? I thought you loved me a lot like how much I absolutely adore you. What the fuck Holland? You replaced me with this wimpy ass?" he looks more hurt than mad and I suddenly feel a pang in my chest because even though I may like Dylan, Colton will always have a part in my heart. 

"I'm not wimpy--in fact, I'm a total athlete. I play Wii sports!" Even in this awkward tense time, Dylan manages to make me crack a smile. Thinking to myself slightly longer, I realize that I wouldn't even toy with the thought of being with Dylan if I was truly attached to Colton. He's my first real love and he means a lot to me, but...he's right. Maybe I want more intelligent conversations and more silly moments. Maybe I just want...Dylan. 

"I'm sorry," I plainly state. There wouldn't be enough time for me to explain why this happened so I just let our eyes have contact one more time before he shrugs and exits the cafe, without even getting the drink he walked in for. 

"Does that mean we're together now?" Dylan's eyes searches mine as I shrug with a slight grin tugging the corner of my mouth.

"I guess...since you lost the bet."

"What?! You lost the bet!" 

"If I recall, you were the one who claimed I was your girlfriend, first." 

"You didn't disagree."

"So? You still said it, first," I smirk at him and he rolls his eyes, knowing he's defeated. Regardless, he leaves an arm around my shoulder as I lean my head in the nook and cranny he provides. 

Harry's POV: 

"Why are you here?" she folds her arms across her chest, eyeing my every movement as I attempt to gracefully make my way from the window into her room.

"Because I missed you," I pout and she rolls her eyes. 

"We just saw each other like one hour ago, Harry."

"Yeah, one hour too long," I shake my head, joining her on the bed. Her hair is straight and damp from her shower and she's just wearing a white t-shirt and black flowy shorts, but still she looks ever so beautiful. 

"Is your wardrobe just white, black, and grey?" I curiously question, considering I've never seen her with anything colorful unlike the works of art she creates. Ironic. 

"Pretty much," she yawns and I smile. So adorable. I follow her and lie down so we're next to each other side by side. She studies the ceiling while my eyes are settled on her pure beauty. 

"If I had my camera right now, I'd take a picture of you," I frown at the missed opportunity. 

"That's creepy, Styles." 

"No, it's sweet. I'm trying to preserve the moment," I defend but she just rolls her eyes. 

"Well...you know, since I can't take a picture, I guess I'll just have to settle for something else I want to do."

"And what's that?" 

Selena's POV:  

When I hear no response, I finally pull my eyes away from the glow-in-the-dark stars I stuck on my ceiling years ago, and tilt my head in his direction. Just as my face meets his, his lips make contact with my right cheek.

And the left one. And nose. And forehead. 

"I promise to plant kisses like seeds on your body, so eventually you will grow to love yourself like how I love you," he whispers. A part of me still hates myself for revealing my insecurities and displaying any vulnerability to him. The last three words replay in my mind, in the low voice he just used to recite them, and the more it echoes inside my mind, the more it causes me to freeze temporarily.  

"You don't love me," I shake my head quickly, "I don't think people can love me. They love versions of me I have shown them on a shallow surface, versions of me they have construed and constructed in their minds. The easy versions of me, the easy things they can love about a person." 

He frowns as he wraps his arms around me tighter, "Yes, they can and yes, I do. I know I do. I was like, made for loving you, Sel."

"No, you're wrong," I protest as part of my stubborn nature, "you've got better people to care about. Don't waste effort on me." 

"Why do you think that?" he buries his head against my neck, mumbling the words.

"Because I'm complicated. I don't want to get involved in things that'll break me more."

"I'm not going to hurt you, if that's what you're implying," I can feel the crinkles of his forehead on my skin.

"How do you know that? I'm still not put together, Harry and don't say you'll fix me. Because, you can't fix someone without accidentally cutting yourself on their shattered pieces. And, I don't want to do that to you," I remove his head from me and turn so he's facing my back. 

"But if you never try, then you'll never know just what you're worth. Which is a lot, like more than you can possibly imagine, by the way." 

I shut my eyes and just listen to Harry's breathing from behind me. It's not heavy or light, but just the right peaceful rhythm, despite the unpeaceful thoughts he ignited, to lull me to a sweet sleep.