18. I Believe In A Thing Called Love

IF YOU LIVE IN AUSTRALIA AND WATCH THE VOICE, vote for nathan hawes & caleb jago-ward!! i love them so much (-:
_______________________________________

Harry's POV:

"Remember, just breathe Harry," Louis pats me down as I attempt to slick back the mop of hair on top of my head. 

"Everything will go fine. A beautiful girl who just so happens to be incredibly special yet guarded just agreed to go on another date with you. No big deal. No pressure," he sweetly smiles at me, irony dripping off the words rolling from his tongue.

"Thanks for the help," I sarcastically reply but nonetheless inhale and exhale slowly.

"Oh God, your breath smells," he cringes and my eyes widen.

"What!? Oh my God, I have to pick her up soon though! Like, what do I do? What if we kiss? Or talk really closely? What should I do? Mint or gum? Or, should I brush my teeth and use mouthwash, I---"

"Harry," Louis places a hand on my shoulder, staring into my eyes seriously, before cackling. His hands go to his stomach as he uses them to subside the pain from laughing so hard.

"You fucker," I flip him off. After tugging on the flaps of my dark green plaid flannel over my usual white tee, I sigh once more and panic when my eyes land on the clock in the kitchen. I rush and pick up the basket set on the table, placing the handles over one arm. Seeing I have no time, my other hand yanks the contents of the kitchen vase out, water dripping along my trail.

"Harry, you idiot!" Louis shouts, his chuckles loudly echoing as I take my leave. 

Crystal's POV: 

"I can't believe she's out with him," Derek buries his face in his hands, "I still think this is a bad idea." 

"Our little princess is growing up," Tyler frowns. Holland and Dylan simply smile at each other, obviously glad that Selena rejected Dylan and allowed him to find something special with someone else who was here all along. Although Dylan begged Holland to keep his crush on Selena a secret, she couldn't resist telling me. We were best friends after all and well, ovaries over brovaries. 

Having Tyler as my other best friend and significant lover, I then shared the fact with him. Word got out to Derek and it's a good thing that Dylan is now so infatuated with Holland that the older Gomez brother felt no urge to ruin his face. 

"As she rightfully should."

"Stop being all rainbows and flowers. Your joy is killing me," Derek scoffs as I practically beam. Gemma gushes about everything that Harry informs her and I feel so happy that she is in the arms of someone who will treat her right. We sit with our legs criss-crossed on the slightly damp grass, our parents' graves a few feet away from us. Selena never liked coming here--she always resisted coming with us as if seeing their names on the ground would only confirm and put in stone the fact that they aren't here. However, Derek has confessed that he once saw her here by herself once when he came to visit on his own; he had hidden behind a tree so to not disturb the tired and sad girl. I gently lie my head on Tyler's shoulder, enjoying the shade and the company of our lost ones.  

Selena's POV:  

"I'm sorry I'm late." 

I'm greeted by a panting boy who looks like a bit of a mess, wet droplets hanging off his hand.

"Are you just going to wear that?" my eyebrow raises at his sudden blunt question. 

"Yes." 

He attempts to casually glance at my clothes though the gesture has anything but nonchalance. I fold my arms across my simple grey tank and black shorts and roll my eyes. Boys.