Fourteen - quote

Rob

The last few days were like hell. We all were swamped with school work and I can't finish my book and it's at a good part.
"I hate school so much!" I rant on to Lachlan about how horrible school is but luckily in a couple of months it ends....besides going to collage of course.
"I've just given up on homework. I'm not smart enough for collage anyway." Lachlan shrugs.
"Why do you say that?" I always believed that anything was possible if someone really tried. "Maybe you just have to try." He shrugs his shoulders at my suggestion.
"I might go to a community collage but it's just I've never been able to focus on school. Especially not now."
"Why?"

Lachlan

"Why?" He asks tilting his head. The truth is that I needed something. My wrists felt as it there were eternally on fire, a knowing beast growling for something sharp enough to break skin, but I couldn't tell him that. He would never fully understand me. He always looked at the positive sides of life, I looked the other way and I never have looked back.

I was pulled deeper and deeper into the black crevice to where I just couldn't pull myself out and I don't think there's a way to escape it. The thought scares me, seeing the goodness in the world to only something else striking me down. That's my number one fear, being brought down again.

I hide my feelings and walk into next to Rob my stomach feeling like a deep ravine. Something was wrong. I push the thought aside and grab my books. The feeling only gets deeper and darker the less I think about it, but the more I do the more I worry. I gulp at the thought of something possibly going wrong today.

Rob

I walk down the halls my mind caught in my book I finally get a chance to read. Then I come across a certain quote

We accept the love we think we deserve

The thought sticks in my mind the rest of the day and Lachlan must've noticed because he asked me about it when we got home.
"You okay Robbie?" He asks looking over. His voice snaps me out of my deep thought bringing me back down to earth.
"Huh? Oh yeah. I was just thinking about something."
"What was it?"
"Just this quote from Perks of Being a Wallflower."
"What was the quote?" His question makes my stomach twist because I realized why it made me think so much.

I think I love him.

A/N
I might post another part today... I probably will because it's short idkI know the one after is super short like idek should I post two tomorrow or two today and two tomorrow the second one a regular length?