Nine - better

A/N
This one is on the short side but I feel it has the deepest meaning. I hope you all enjoy

Lachlan
I was so bored home alone so I decided to take a walk. I to walk a nearby park. It was nice being alone plus it felt nice outside. I sigh and take my hoodie off since it was freckin hot and sit on a bench checking my messages. I got one from my father telling me to get my ass back home but I ignore him. He could go fudge a cactus for all I care.

"Excuse me?" I hear a high pitched voice ask. I lower my phone and see a little girl. "I noticed your scars. I'd like to thank you for being so strong when times get tough. My mother has them and she said anyone who has them are heroes who stay the strongest when times get the roughest." She smiles. I sit in awestruck at the little girl's words.
"Thank you so much." I grab her hand and kiss the top of it which makes her blush.

"Alanna? Who are you talking to?" An older woman I'm guessing her mother asks.
"A hero. He has the same scars as you mommy." She hugs her mother tightly. She looks at me and smiles mouthing "it gets better I promise." They walk away leaving me with my feelings. Does it get better for everyone?

After awhile I walk back home and see Rob sitting on the couch watching tv.
"Oh hey dude." He looks at me when I close the door. (Rob gave him a key sometime or another because who couldn't trust a face like Little Lachy's don't trust people like that kids)
"Hey." I greet back still thinking about the incident at the park.

A week later