Eleven - cake

A/N
This was originally named fight but I didn't want to worry you guys that much lol :P you guys are so amazing and amazing people deserve much more than they have and I thought I give in a little and update with another part :) I can't wait to get out the next part it has so much fluff omg

Rob
I decided to bake a cake. I don't bake as often as I did and everyone says I'm pretty good. I just bake a plain white cake and I mix my batter putting it in the pan and into the oven. I was bored I'll admit it and why not. Cake can always cheer someone up. Well that's what I always thought. Maybe I could be a baker save up some money and start a small bakery.

I remember my sister and I would make cupcakes and sell them like a lemonade stand. We mainly got sympathy money though. To be honest I wouldn't take a cupcake from two little kids on a street corner. I smile at the thought of my past memories with my sister. She died in a car accident not too long ago. She would always accept me no matter what. I sigh stuck in my daydream only to be snapped out of it by the oven timer. I take the cake out and put it on the cooling rack. I take out the next layer and do the same.

I let the cake cool then here Lachlan come in.
"Hey dude." I greet plopping down the couch.
"Hey." he greets back. I see him look around slightly confused. "What's the amazing smell?" He asks grinning from ear to ear.
"I made a cake. it's cooling then I'll frost it. you want to help?"
"Totally! I've never really frosted a cake before."
"Oh you're in for a treat." I smile.

After awhile we decide the cake is cool enough.
"Just swipe the knife on top of the cake making sure every part is covered." I instruct. He stirs the icing and moves the knife around swiftly.

"Where did you learn to bake?" He asks his eyes still trained on the cake. I shrug. I feel like I've known how to bake forever in my life.

"My mom just taught me when I was little. Well my sister and I." I think my voice slightly cracked on the last part remembering Sophia, my sister. (does Rob have a sister? Lol)
"What happened to her?" Lachlan asks grabbing another glob of the chocolate icing.
"She died in a car accident not long ago."
"Oh." He looks up his face like stone. "My sister died not to long ago too." He comments finishing the the first part.

"Now we put the next layer on." I grab the next layer making sure not to drop it and align it and stack it on. "How did you sister die?" I ask immediately regretting it. It must've hit him pretty hard because tears start running down his cheeks.

"Oh... she died in a car accident. Like you sister." I knew he was lying but I didn't push him. His voice cracks in the middle and his facial expression easily gave away his sorrow but I let it go. He doesn't have to tell me every detail.
"I'm sorry." I whisper wiping away his tears with my thumb.
"Don't be. I'm sorry your sister died."
"She's in a better place." I sigh.

He finishes icing the cake and smiles down at his creation.
"We still have some left over icing." He explains wiping some on my nose.
"You. did. not." I wipe it off and he runs away laughing. I grab a handful and chase him around the kitchen, both of us laughing crazily.