*Chapter Fifty-Nine*

Miri was down in the lounge, sitting upside down on the couch. Her knees and legs hung off the back, and she was scrolling through her phone.

"How can you stand sitting like that?" Kirishima was walking by to get into the kitchen.

"The same reason I can stand the smell of your sweaty clothes in the wash." Miri shrugged. "I just can."

He shook his head at her, an offended look clear on his face. "My clothes don't smell."

"Yes. Yes they do." She clicked off her phone and let it fall on her chest. "Make me a sandwich!"

There was an audible sigh from the kitchen, causing Miri to smile.

Todoroki came off the stairs moments later. He walked closer to the couch, peering over the side of it to look at Miri. "What are you doing?"

Miri blushed, but smiled. "Just relaxing." She sat up, patting the seat beside her.

He came around the side of the couch and took a seat. He held his face for a moment before looking over at her. "I'm going to go visit my mom today."

Miri nodded, knowing it was one of the days he visited her. However, there was a strange tone in his voice. "You sound unsure."

"I..." He sighed. "I wanted you to come with me."

Her eyes widened. She knew the relationship between Todoroki and his mother was improving, but it was a large step for him to invite her along. It honored her, without a doubt, but she didn't want to intrude.

"Of course, I'll go with you if that's what you really want. I'm honored to, if I'm honest." She turned her body to face him. "...but are you sure?"

He nodded. "I've already let her know I may bring a friend. She's excited to meet you."

Miri's heart warmed. "Let me go get dressed."

She came back down the stairs moments later, dressed in one of her nicer outfits. It was still a sleeveless shirt, but it was blue with butterflies all over it. She wore a pair of shorts along with it. Her hair was let down from her French braids and was a long and thick mess of white-and-black hair.

Todoroki stood up from the couch and looked over her outfit. He cleared his throat. "You look...nice." He looked away.

Miri shifted awkwardly. "Hagakure picked it out for me a while back. Are you ready?"

He nodded and held the door open for her.

Kirishima walked out of the kitchen with a sandwich made for Miri. He looked around, noticing she had disappeared.

"She really made me make this sandwich for nothing?" He grumbled.

The door opened to reveal Miri running back in and grabbing the sandwich out of his hand. Miri gave him a fist-bump with a massive smile. "Thanks, Ei!" She shoved it in her mouth and raced back out the door.

Kirishima sighed and smiled after her.

𓆩*𓆪

"I'm kind of nervous." Miri stood outside of the hospital room with Todoroki. "What if she doesn't like me?"

"She'll like you. I don't see how she couldn't." He reached for the door handle.

"But-" She grabbed his hand. "What if she doesn't like me because of who my mother is..."

"My mom doesn't care about that. Your mom was a pain in my father's side. My mom has found that entertaining." He rubbed his thumb over her hand. He grabbed the door handle again. "I promise, you'll be fine."