*Chapter Fifty-Eight*

"So, you're telling me I have a choice, but I really don't?" Miri rested her head on her hand.

All Might and Aizawa sat before her on the couch. Miri lounged in one of the chairs facing the two men. They had shown up to her house—well, for now. Until the door was fixed—only a day after the trial.

"Well," All Might rubbed the back of his neck. "Considering how your only other option instead of moving into the dorms would be to live with your father-"

"That is not an option." Miri sharply interjected.

"Then it is settled." Aizawa looked almost too comfortable on Miri's couch. "You will move into the dorms."

"I don't get why I can't live alone?" Miri rolled her eyes. "It's not like I wasn't doing it for weeks at a time before."

"You had houseworkers 24/7. It wasn't common knowledge that you are Nightmare's daughter, either. It is more than just your living situation we are concerned about. Your safety in particular has been considered throughout all of this. We've assumed the League hasn't made any moves on you yet because of Nightmare's constant presence. With her gone, however, we fear there may be a repeat of the Training Camp. Let's not forget Hibiki is still roaming the streets, along with any extremist who would give anything to get back at Nightmare." He crossed his arms. "Not that this is my most favorite topic, but we also have to consider your public image."

"You had me at everything until you said public image." Miri muttered dryly. "Tell me something. Do either of you think it'll be remotely possible for me to be a hero after everything that has happened so far? And I don't want any crap about how I can do anything if I want to or some monologue about how I'm more than what I give myself credit for. I want the cold, hard truth."

The Pros glanced at one another. "There are worse stories I've heard." All Might looked back to Miri. "I think you can do it. You may just have to work harder than most others."

Aizawa remained quiet. 'I don't believe she'd be too happy with my honest opinions. At least not in front of All Might.'

Miri hummed. "Alright. Let's hear it then. What's your big plan to save my future?"

Aizawa cocked his eyebrow. "While the school was harshly criticized for not having one, but two leaks for Nightmare, one of which being her daughter, within the school, as a group, the teachers have decided you'd be in better hands continuing to be enrolled at U.A. In a more supervised setting."

"So, what I'm hearing is me being kicked out of U.A. was a topic for a bit?" Miri asked. "I'm not angry. I understand. Really, I'm more confused. It makes perfect sense to kick me out and save the school's reputation. Why keep me around?"

All Might narrowed his eyes. "You have every right to remain at the school. Who your mother is doesn't matter. You came into that school wanting to be a hero, and you will leave it one of the best Pros to walk the halls."

"That's nice and all, but that's not it, is it?" Miri turned to look at Aizawa.

"Well, that's the big reason." He shrugged. "A secondary reason is that by keeping you, we want to show the world that even U.A. can turn the daughter of a villain into a Pro Hero. When you get your license, at least some media will go from being entirely negative to partially positive."

"There it is." Miri laughed.

All Might stared at her, concerned. "How can you take something like that so calmly and laugh?"

Miri sighed. "Out of everything that's happened so far, the only thing keeping me from not falling off the face of the Earth is my spot at U.A. I don't care about the reasoning for me being allowed to stay, the fact I was even attending it in the first place was already a miracle in my eyes." She stood up from her chair, stretching her body. "I was going to move into the dorms the moment it came out of your mouth. Staying in my house like this...it's not good for me. Being here leaves me too exposed and allows people like my father to come busting down my door whenever they please. The dorms sound like such a nicer change of pace."