*Chapter Twenty-Four*

"Woah! Miri, you're really going to America?" Uraraka asked her while leaning against the white-and-black-haired girl's desk.

"I guess so. It caught me by surprise. I didn't think anyone from there would...really look at our school or the festival." She fingered the envelope in her pocket.

"I'm not really surprised anyone from there would want you." Midoriya smiled. "You're really talented with your quirk!"

'Not talented enough...' Her mind filled with the bandages she received after the fight. "I've got a long way to go."

Midoriya and Uraraka looked at each other with similar frowns. They both knew something was wrong, but how would they approach it? The muscular girl seemed sort of fragile, like she was barely holding herself together.

"What agencies have you guys looked at?" Miri wanted to change the conversation from her.

"I'm looking at Gunhead's agency!" Uraraka smiled while throwing her fists around.

"Isn't he a little...physical?" Midoriya asked her.

"Yes! It's perfect. After my battle with Bakugo, I realized that if I wanted to be a good hero, then I had to be versatile. Learning basic fighting techniques will only help me from here on!" She smiled wider, determination glinting her eyes.

Miri pursed her lips in thought. She needed to become versatile too. She's relied so much on speed and strength, she's neglected the other potentials of her quirk. If she wanted to be better, she needed to work on them as well.

Miri stepped out into the hall, planning to make her way to Recovery Girl's office. Her injuries had long since healed themselves, but she found comfort in the older woman's presence.

"You're thinking about the battle." Bakugo was leaned up against the wall outside the classroom.

Miri jumped. A cold sweat spread along her neck. "Uh..." She fidgeted, wanting to get away from him as fast as possible. "What are you talking about?"

"You know what I'm talking about. You're thinking about your fight with the scaly bastard. I can see it in your face now. He messed you up, didn't he?" Bakugo had his hands shoved deep into his pockets. He was staring at the ground intently, but Miri didn't doubt for a second that he was paying attention to any and every movement of hers.

Miri shook her head, that sick and nauseous feeling building up in her. "I don't want to talk about this." She tried to brush past him, but he came off of the wall and stood in her path.

"You're not going to. Just listen." Then he added after a moment. "For once in your life."

Blinking hard, trying to fight the tears, Miri stared at the small amount of space between them.

"Before I was enrolled at U.A., some booger bastard tried to take over my body. He almost did it too...but that stupid ass Deku tried to play a hero. That quirkless..." He clenched his fist. "That supposed quirkless bastard tried to save me." A weird laugh escaped him. "Can you believe it? That idiot thought I needed to be saved." Then his tone reverted to seriousness. "Point is, I know what you're going through and I just wanted to say that you need to get over yourself."

Miri snapped her head up. "I'm sorry? Do you want to repeat that to me one more time?"

Bakugo glared at her. "Are you going to tell me I'm wrong?"

Miri opened her mouth to respond, but just snapped it shut and shook her head in barely controlled anger. "I cannot believe I even listened to you." She brushed past him. "There's nothing for me to get over, regardless."