Chapter One

I wandered the streets of New York- it was snowing and the streets were covered in ice, making it hard for anyone to walk. There were people everywhere and I was constantly bashing into someone. I could feel myself beginning to get panicked and I immediately clambered around for a free space to breathe. My chest was tightening and my breathing was rapid. My vision became blurry, everything doubling and moving; I was making steps but not knowing where I was going. My panicking was only getting worse, wet hot tears now trickled down my red cheeks. I looked up and went crashing into a muscular figure, forcing us both to trip backwards. I could feel myself falling and falling but a pair of strong arms caught my fragile frame and pulled me up onto my feet. As got my balance back I studied his handsome face, he was smiling reassuringly and it made my breathing slow. I was so dumbfonded by his apperance, that I completely forgot that I could and should say something.

"Thank you." Was all I could manage. His smile widened and his arms dropped from mine- I immediately missed his touch.

"Are you okay?" His eyes searched mine and it was almost as if he could see my feelings- as his smile fell from his immaculate face.

"Yeah, yeah I'm okay now. Thank you again." He seemed uncertain as to whether I really was okay but that gorgeous smile appeared back on his face and it almost made me feel better straight away.

He held out his hand for me to shake. "Chester." He said. I placed my hand in his; the feeling sending tingles up my spine and butterflies in my stomach.

"Grace." I smiled. He grinned back at me, I had completely forgotten that everyone was around us and it seemed that Chester had too. He broke our gaze and looked up around everyone, then back down at his watch and frowned.

"I have to go- you sure you're okay?" I nodded and thanked him once again. He began walking in the opposite direction to me and I immediately felt lost and lonely. He quickly turned his head back around to face me. "Hey Grace? I'll see you around yeah?"

"Yeah." I grinned like a kid in a candy store and immediately scowled myself for not being cooler. He turned back around and carried on walking. I really hoped I'd see him around.