Twenty One: I Thought About It

Levy's POV

"I AM NOT TALKING TO ANOTHER MALE EVER AGAIN!" Lucy announces when she enters the student council room.

Ah. Blonde Beast is right on time.

"Greetings to you too, Lucy," says Erza from her place at the table.

"Everything okay, Lu-chan?" Lisanna asks.

Hey, that's my line!

Cana asks, "Anything we can help with?"

"Unless you can make those guys disappear, no not really," Lucy says.

She goes over to the bookshelf on the side of the room which is almost as tall as the ceiling, which is already super tall. "I'm hiding." She starts climbing the bookshelf like a ladder. "If anyone asks I'm not here. Tell them I'm... dead," she finishes. "I moved to Canada and died in a plane crash."

"Care to elaborate?" I ask. "Or explain why?"

"Sting Eucliffe was looking for me. I took the long way here cause he was patrolling the hallways.  And one top of that, I also had to avoid Rogue, Gray and Jellal," she explains. "Jellal was less of a hassle to avoid because he's never out and about around here. But those other three. Jesus. They're like... I don't even know what to compare them to. Dang. It's weird going from being feared to the one in fear." Her eyes widen in discontent and she puts her hand to her head "This is so wrong..."

"Well. Face them then you wouldn't have to," says Lisanna. "Be the Beast they all know."

Cana narrows her eyes speaks, "Also... didn't we tell you about Jellal?"

Lucy looks at them, her mouth straightening. "Yeah well... all he did was ask me to the dance! That doesn't mean anything." She turns away from us, facing the bookshelf and starts climbing it like a ladder.

"Please be careful," I say.

"Lu, nothing means anything to you without words," Lisanna says. "Words literally mean nothing! It's actions."

"Actions and words go hand in hand!" she states.

She gets to the top, turns around, and sits crisscross on the top of the bookshelf, perched like a bird. "There. Try to have them catch up with me now."

I smile sheepishly. I have a feeling we all will help her out with this. No one comes between Loke and his girl. Yes, that's what we've all decided. Whether Lu likes it or not.

"Ladies. Have any of you seen the Princess?"

I jolt and turn to the figure who has seemingly materialized behind me. Speak of the devil and he will appear. "Loke!? What are you doing here!?"

His eyes scan the room. "The Princess requested my presence," he says plainly. "Where is she?"

"I'm here!"

Loke swivels his head to the source of his maiden's voice. "What are you doing up there?"

"Wouldn't you like to know. Don't question me, Lion," she replies pointedly. She is obviously frustrated with her internal conflicts. Typical Lu-chan. It seems like it's always something with her. Always. 

Evidently, she told us about the guys asking her to the dance. And all I had to say is how dare they try to come between her and her unofficial soulmate. Which is Loke.

He stares up at her, and the look in his eyes is so s o f t how is she not seeing this? "As you wish," he says.

I hold back a squeal at that moment. MY HEART. That Princess Bride reference!! I don't know if he would do that on purpose but it is a sign. Or I'm taking it as one.