Six: Possibility of Friendship

Definitely need to steer clear of that guy. We may have the same passion, but he gives it a bad--

Wait... I am not one to talk.

I enter the theatre and look for my friends. I see they've managed to get a seat in the back row.I go up the stairs toward them, but as I get closer, I realize the only seat is between Natsu and Gray.

This is purposeful and deliberate and Cana is definitely to blame.

"Hey," I greet all of them with an awkward wave.

They greet me back, but Cana waves back with a stupid look on her face. Why does she do this?

Moving like a robot, I take a seat. I put my lidless cup in the cup holder.

After all this time of being feared, I am scared of these two guys. Or... is it because they're guys? I've had the same friends for years, and I've never had to worry about anything else. Scaring people is easy. It's actually confronting them that's hard.

I have no choice but to ignore it as the movie begins.

>•< >•< >•<

"That was a great movie," Juva says as we exit the cinema.

"The bad guy reminded me of my brother somehow," Natsu states.

"I liked the heroine," Erza says, her eyes twinkling with admiration.

"I found it more wizard like than superheroes," Levy adds.

I for one found the movie a bit cheesy. Friendship power ups, really? Halfway through the movie, I found myself going back and forth with Gray with whispered complaints. I'm being serious here, you can't just be out of power, have a flashback, and then kick your opponent like they're nothing.

Maybe we started off with a bad impression, but I think I could get used to them now! I don't get why they're so nice though. At least it was a better encounter than my one with a certain blonde soccer captain. Obviously I don't mean me.

"I'm glad we ran into you guys," Natsu says to us.

"Yeah," Gray agrees, looking at me.

"Me and Gray are going this way. Are you guys..?"

Lisanna starts answering, "We're getting picked up by Lucy's b--"

"Bodyguard!" I interrupt, knowing exactly how that sentence was going to end. "My bodyguard!"

I'm standing between Natsu and Gray and my friends, so I can't see their faces but I'm sure Cana and Lisanna are stupidly amused. I grin sheepishly as Natsu and Gray stare.

"Okay," Gray says. "See you whenever then."

"Yeah!" I agree. "It was nice seeing you, surprisingly. See you later!"

I wave with the rest of them as they get out of sight.

"So in the case you and Loke don't work out," Cana says as she wraps her arm around me. "Which one is your favourite?"