Eight: Trust

80 READS ON CHAPTER SEVEN ALREADY?? Y'all are tripping.

Anyways, I'm back.

I've realized I made a few stupid mistakes in the previous chapters😂😂 when you guys notice those kinds of things, please don't be afraid to point them out. I guess it would also help if I edited these a lot better though.

Quick note: I changed Natsu's family's company to one in coal/oil production. Because you know... Fire n stuff.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's literally only been a few hours and I've already learned so much about Natsu and Gray. We couldn't really talk in the movie theatre, but now that we can actually see and look at each other, it's been easy to get to know them. Natsu is on the softball team (no wonder the budget's been cut. This guy has been breaking all the windows!), and Gray is in the drama club.

As I've kind of known since the day we met, they have sort of a brotherly-hate relationship, but they've told me they've known each other since they were kids.

Juvia seems to have grown a little too fond of Gray, as she gets hearts in her eyes every time he speaks. Poor girl... She can do so much better.

Lisanna also seems to get along well with Natsu. Surprised, though. Lisanna gets snippy with me a lot of the time (because that's just how our friendship is), but with Natsu she's cuter than usual. Personally, I think she can do better. But I think I say that about all of my friends.

But wait, I don't really know Natsu and Gray yet... Meh, no, any guy my best friends are interested in have me to go through.

"She is the reason the rest of us are still single."

Was someone just reading my mind?

"I'm sorry, what?" I look up at Lisanna, who'd spoken. "Don't blame me!"

We're all sharing a table. I've ended up by Gray again. Funny how this keeps happening, eh?

"The blonde beast is scary, Lu," she says.

I frown a bit. "Erza's scary too, if you hadn't realized. It's not just a Blonde problem."

She shrugs. "Debatable."

Debatable? Erza is scary, except in a charming way. That's what sets us apart. So I guess that's Lis' point.

Cana chimes in. "Nah Lis, I'm single by choice."

"And it's not really Lu-chan's fault," says Levy. "You should just be grateful they aren't like other guys."

"Not like other guys," I echo, glancing at Natsu and Gray, who are already looking at me. I look away. "Don't go using that line. Are they worth the cliché?"

Cana snorts. "You guys and your nitpicking."

She is right. As the literature fans of the group, Levy and I do like to pick at anything involving writing and stuff. They call us grammar nazis.

"Is that why you guys don't really talk to anyone else?" Gray asks. "Is that why they warned us?" Who's they? Those guys who were surrounding him and Natsu when they were fighting?