Eighteen: The Upperclassman

Eighteenth chapter and I'm FINALLY introducing the final love interest. Forgive me, Zeref-senpai 💙_💙

[jokes]

Anyways I hope you're still enjoying the story❤️ I'm finally trying to make the chapter titles shorter again. Idk what was up with that.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Lisanna and I are walking to the council room.

"It's the easiest thing," I insist. I start to give a demonstration"All you have to do is kick--" But my shoe flies from my foot.

Lisanna snickers. "Good going, Lu."

It's an upperclassman. One I actually kind of know. His name is Zeref (never did learn his last name), and we were both in the Art club back in September before I dropped it after the first meeting. We sat beside each other and talked briefly about famous artists like Picasso. He told me his favourite was Banksy, before the meeting started and I got bored. I'm not even sure why I was there. Zeref was probably the only reason I liked that one meeting, so I didn't go anymore.

And I just hit him in the back with my shoe.

"Zeref-senpai!" I exclaim horrifically. "I'm so sorry!"

The dark haired guy stops and turns, looking down at my shoe. "Does MHS have its very own Cinderella?"

My face goes white. Great, now I look like a mediocre soccer captain in front of an upperclassmen.

"Not really. I'm the Blonde B-- I mean Lucy," I say, quickly catching my mistake. I'm acting like I don't know him because I don't want to look weird for remembering him just in case he doesn't remember me. "In truth, I am a soccer captain."

Quickly I slip my shoe back on. Since he's a grade ahead of me, he probably doesn't know my reputation as the Blonde Beast. Or would he?

"I know who you are," he says with a smile, filling me with slight hope. "You have a reputation amongst us seniors as well."

Oh, that's what he associates me with? My hope extinguishes. I guess he doesn't remember me after all.

Oh well... That's that.

He looks me in the eyes with those black mysterious eyes. I've been staring at them for too long now because I am entranced.

I clear my throat. "You'd think for a soccer captain I'd be more capable of being more careful where I kick," I say stupidly.

"Is this what you have to show for it?" he jokes, and turns around and shows me the dusty show print right in he middle of his back.

I dust the shoe print off with a sheepish laugh. "I'm sorry, about that. I actually do have good aim, I promise."

"You don't need to apologize more than once, I forgive you," says Zeref.

He is so kind. I remember that from the conversation we had. I was profusely apologizing for being kind of an uncultured swine when it came to art when he seemed to know it all, and he was really nice about it. Calm, eloquent. Definitely a senior.

"Where were you going?" he queries.

"Lisanna and I are headed to the student council room," I tell him. Lisanna is gradually making me suspicious by being silent this whole time.