Seven: Mall

Yo I'm on a roll either this updating thing. I'll try to keep it up until college starts again. I mean, starts for real. the new semester starts tomorrow, probably going to die.

Happy New Year!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Is he always like this?" Jellal asks as we go into our place of work.

It's weird to me that Jellal and Loke don't know each other. Despite how many times Loke has dropped me off at work, I guess they've never crossed paths.

After ordering at the front counter, we go sit down. "Always is an overstatement," I say. "He's like this... only during the times he's with me."

"So like most of the time."

I look over, where Loke has chosen to take a seat across the restaurant. Doubtfully out of earshot, so I'm sure he can still hear us.

"My friends have explained to me that when he's not with me, he's like a different person," I explain. "It's his job to ensure my safety. If I'm not safe, then he and my dad have a problem. He behaves like that to people he doesn't know to make sure he can trust them. If he doesn't trust them..." I tilt my head, my widened eyes on the table. "There's really going to be a problem."

"I know it's none of my business, but why does he work for you in the first place?" Jellal inquires, except I'm not looking at him, I'm looking at Loke. His eyes just briefly shoot into our direction, but avert after only second or two pass when he catches my gaze.

"I..." I glance back and forth between him and Loke. "I know you're listening, Loke," I call across the restaurant, drawing eyes towards Jellal and I's table.

Though he doesn't react, he just continues pretending to read the menu above the front counter, his fist over his mouth in a thoughtful manner. Although I'm sure the only thoughts he's thinking are ones inflicting pain on the innocent Jellal.

I look back at him. "Sorry. I just swear he has hearing like a lion or something."

"So, what were you saying before?"

"It's... a personal matter," I respond. "I don't really like talking about it. Not in public anyway."

One of our coworkers approach the table. "Here you guys go," the pink-haired server announces. She's carrying with her a tray with our orders, a warm and familiar smile on her face.

"Thanks Meldy," I say, moving my elbows from the table to make room for the tray she sets between Jellal and me.

"Yeah thank you," he answers.

Our coworker takes a step back but doesn't leave. "So... you two wouldn't happen to be on a date, would you?"

"Oh, no," I deny swiftly. "No, of course not. We are strictly professionals."

Jellal adds, "Also she's not my type."

I pout. "I'm not that dumb, I'm sure I could compete with you on some level."

He smiles. "I'm teasing."

I relax. For some reason I didn't expect him to be as comfortable with me as I am with him.