love or a spell I'm under

Words written, but meaning, is something different.
I made contact, why I'm not sure, inside I'm thinking I should of let sleeping dogs lie, but my heart is shouting there's a reason you replied.

How can feelings change without realising, then to hit at the wrong time, the time everything is against you, a time I'm no longing on your mind.

I ramble alot to myself going over past events, trying to pinpoint the time, when my heart decided to leave my head. Yet I can't, everything was friends doing what friends do, so why do I keep finding myself thinking of you.

Time and distance I thought were the key, just the odd message at special times of the year. Yet a request of a meet up, makes my heart jump back into gear.

Do you realise, do you feel something too? How funny would it be if you were thinking all this too.

Yet we both have life to look after before ourselves, our heads in two different places, you probably don't even think the way I do, as you settled down, something I thought you'd never do.

My brain always thought you wouldn't, but you did, why I suppose I'll never know. Maybe I should of told you, but I was scared that I even found myself thinking the things I do.

The phone call one day, I think was the nail in my coffin, why did you  choose to tell me, when there were some alot closer to you, was it a hint that I totally missed, your way of saying you were free.

Yet again a question unanswered, and it wasn't long before her spell had you back under,

So here I'm left again to ponder, is it love or a spell I'm under....