I knew

I knew, I knew before the words even left your dried cracked up lips, I'd known for months, but I didn't want to believe, I wanted to live in my bubble where everything was fine.

I brushed it off when every evening I'd watch the clock tick pass the time you use to come in, I made up excuses when I smelt that odour on your clothes.

I tried so hard to please you, not to cause an argument, cause I knew you were looking for that opportunity.

I wanted you to love me still like I loved you, but I knew, I knew there was no longer any love in your eyes, not for me anyway, everytime I looked into them they looked dead and it killed a small part of me.

Now I feel guilty for leaving it so long, I hate you for making me feel like that, you should be feeling all this do you? how can you?

You still come home every night, still eat the meals I cook, you still tell all them lies how you had to work late again, but I suppose I shouldn't of had such high hopes, I knew what you were when I met you,  I just believed I could change you, but obviously you're not ready to change to stop killing yourself.

Well I'm sorry but I can't live like this anymore I love you but this is the only way I know how to help you, please don't hate me and if this works I hope you'll come and find me, but for now I know this is the best place for you they can help you fight this addiction but first you have to want to fight it for you and nobody else, and that's why I have to go.