Chapter 24- Awakened

Zoey's POV

The extreme pain I felt piece through my body and rip apart every part of me in a never ending on slaughter of assaults as the man kept relentlessly smashing his foot into my side. No doubt I would have expected internal bleeding and I waited for the pain to end and for me to slip into peaceful darkness of death. Just as I thought it was finally time to end this whole thing to be over and for my soul to be realised for the trap of reality, I felt a surge of power and life force awaken in me, a power and strength that I had never experience before. It was a control that I hadn't felt since my life was turned upside five years ago, I felt for the first time that I shouldn't be scared, that I was the one that should be feared. The man kicking me stopped and grabbed my face, he lifted my head up and my busied and bleed face, my eyes met Adam and he smiled.

"Your awakened." he said.

The other man stepped away and Adam pulled me up into a waiting chair, the pain I felt was slowly easing, I looked down at my cuts and shocked and amazed as I watched them heal right in front of my eyes.

"Now to awaken you powers." Adam said with a dangerous smirk walking slowly towards me with a silver knife.

Ethan's POV

I pulled on my shorts that Mum had left outside the backdoor as I returned from another one of my searches for Zoey that had ended unsuccessfully, like the rest. I walked inside and heard a quite conversation going on in the living room, a males voice filtered through the house companied by my mothers and fathers voices. I walked inside and found a guy sitting in the lounge across from my mother and father, smile and enjoying the conversation that they were having. 

"There you are Ethan, I am glad you are back. I would like you to meet Henry, Henry Jackson." She finished. 

"Jackson ?" I asked confused.

"Yes. I am Zoeys kid brother." He spoke, standing up and offering me his hand.

"I didn't know Zoey had a brother." I lied. I knew about Henry from the new article I read a few weeks ago but I never knew his name or what happened to him. 

"Well, we lost touch after our parents died." he explained.

"So what are you doing here now ?" I asked.

"I just wanted to catch up with my sis." he said. "It has been a few months since she last visited me and I thought I would come to her for a change. Last time I heard she was here in Greendale.So, where is she now?" he asked, looking around almost if to try and find her. 

I quickly sent mum a message through our mind link. 

"I don't trust him. Just say she is out."

"Zoey is just out with some friends for the time being but you are more then welcome to stay." Mum lied smoothly.

"Thank you. Though it isn't necessary. I have a room at the Inn on the other end of town." he replied.

"That is kinda funny you say that it was the same Inn Zoey stayed in" My mother said with a smile.

"Stayed? You say it like its past tense." Henry enquired, my mother froze under he obvious mistake. 

"My mother said stay because a couple of days ago Zoey moved in here with my parents. They didn't feel right having her stay at an Inn when we have penalty of rooms here, plus she is best friends with my sister Angie." I quickly lied. 

"Oh well that make sense. I never was comfortable with her always moving around, I'm glad she made friends." Henry said with a grin that made we feel uneasy. "Well when she gets back get me a ring and I will come over and say hi." 

As soon as we heard Henry's taxi leave the drive way I let out a shaky breath and turned to face my parents. 

"I'm sorry dear, I wasn't thinking." My mother apologised. 

"Its fine Mum, it was a mistake and it all worked out. I don't trust him, something about him made me feel so uneasy."

"I agree son. There was defiantly something off there." My father agreed taking my mothers hand.  

"I'm heading out again." I said. 

"Again? You just got back." My mother said with a sad expression. 

"I need to find her, I won't stop until I do." 

"Endlessly searching the forest won't help, she might be in a different country for all we know." My father explained. I growled at what he was suggesting, the idea of Zoey that far from my reach angered me greatly. 

"Son you can't help anymore if you aren't physically or mentally healthy. You need to eat and you need to rest or when it comes time to get your mate back you might not be able to." 

"Are you saying that I am unable to protect her?" I growled at him. My fathers wolf surfaced the moment I growled, his dominance evident in the power radiating off him. 

"I know you are emotional right now son but do not challenge me, you will lose." My father threatened. 

"Hunter." My mother whispered. "Relax he wasn't challenging you." Dad relaxed under my mothers touch, making the jealous in side me burn as I wanted that so badly with Zoey. I have been so stupid to push he away and I might never get her back.