Chapter 23- Witches

Ethan's POV
"What do you mean you can't find her!?" I yelled at my pack trackers.

"I'm sorry Alpha but she just disappeared." The lead tracker Garry apologised.

"No one just disappears!" I answered smashing my hand down on the desk in front of me. "Find her!" I ordered. I stormed into the kitchen after the useless meeting with Garry and his trackers, it has been three days since Zoey went missing and every day that we don't find her is a day she could be dead. I can't lose her, I wouldn't survive.

"Honey, How are you holding up? " My mother asked concerned.

"I just want her back." I sighed heavily. "In my arms and safe."

"I know sweetie." She said with a sad smile. " We will find her, your father always found me."

"That was different, you were a powerful werewolf and he knew who he was up against." I said.

"Yes, but at the end of the day, I handed myself over to save the lives of your father, uncle, aunt and Jace." She replied.

"Zoey might not even been taken, what if she just ran from me?" I asked. "I have been wondering these pass days that maybe I am looking for someone who doesn't want to be found." I reveled.

"She might not feel the pull to you a werewolf would but she cares for you. She is just scared." Mum replied.

" I understand that but we are meant to be together. What is scary about knowing that one person will love you forever?" I asked.

"To a human, who doesn't understand. Everything is scary." My mother explained before leaving the room.

I grabbed hair and pulled at it in frustration. How am I going to find her !

Zoey's POV

The darkness of the holding cell was becoming normal with the more time I spend down here. The old bread and discussing drinking water becoming easier to swallow. But with every passing day I slowly start to doubt that Ethan or Troy will ever find me.

"I'm back." the man said in a smug tone.

"Oh goodie." I answered sarcastically.

"Don't be like that. I thought we were getting closer." he replied.

"How are we getting closer when I don't even know your name." I asked.

"You can call me Adam." he answered.

"Nah. I much prefer to call you scar face. Why am I here scar face?" I asked. Scar face aka Adam just rolled his eyes at my childish behaviour before continuing. 

"I told you. I need you too be a weapon for pack."

"I'm just a human being, nothing special. You have got it wrong." I explained.

"You are human now, but after we do the ritual to bring your powers forward you won't be human anymore" He laughed.

"Ritual? what are you a bunch of teenage witches." I joked.

"No, but I know what to do to bring out the dark power in you and once I do, you won't be able to control it and that is what I do. You will need me." He explained. " Your parents consulted a witch when you were born who locked your powers away so you would never be able to us them, they thought they were protecting you but they were very wrong. That night when I came to your house they refused to tell me where you were or how to release your powers, so they payed with their lives." 

I froze at his words, the truth was evident in what he was saying causing pain to rip through me once more as I understood what he meant. Whatever I am.. Whatever I hold, caused my parents death. 

"No! I won't be a weapon for evil. Even if any of this is true then I will be strong enough to fight this. You won't control me." I replied.

"So you think now." he said with a smile that scared me.

"Sir." a male said from the doorway to the right. "We are ready."

"Time to go Princess." he said with a victorious grin.

I was dragged from my cell and into the blinding day light. My eyes hurt after the darkness that I have been in was ripped away and replaced with light. I walked through the court yard of the large warehouse and was pulled onto my knees on the grass. 

"First step in waking up your power is bring your werewolf side forward." He explained.

"You're crazy." I sneered. "I have no werewolf side. Which means I can't be your all powerful dark one." I said. "You are wrong." 

"You really didn't know anything about your parents." He laughed at my lack of knowledge that made me angry. "Its kind of pathetic how little you know about your family. Even the brother you swore to protect." He whispered leaning in so his face was right near mine. 

"Where is my brother!?" I asked through my teeth.

"He is busy doing something for me." Adam said with a grin that made me nervous.

"If you hurt him I will kill you." I threatened.

"No doubt you will." he replied. "Now shall we continue?" He asked taking a step back.  Though I knew his question didn't need an answer.

'Your father was a werewolf, just like Ethan and just like that whole stupid pack, though what makes you special his that his mate, your mother, was a witch. Not just any witch a very powerful and leader of a very old coven of witches. That is where your power comes from, your mothers side, mixed with the strength and ability from your fathers werewolf genes you will be unstoppable.  So before I start the ritual I need to waken the werewolf side of you that has laid sleeping for all these years." 

"How are you going to do that?" I asked nervously.

"With a near death experience." he answered. At the point one of the men came up beside me and started to kick me and punch me on repeat. All I could feel was pain.