Chapter 33- The Pill

Zoey's POV

I was laying wrapped in Ethan's arm's and legs warm and safe after our incredible night. Ethan fell asleep a little while ago, while my mind was reeling with the events and problems that filled our lives today. The stress was overwhelming and I couldn't stop my brain from over thinking enough to get to sleep. I gently unwrapped my limbs from Ethan's warm embrace and disappeared into my closet. I returned packed and ready from my journey, I decided last night before everything happened that I would find Adam and make him reverse this cruse he placed upon me. I threw my backpack into the backseat of one of Ethan's car and pushed it out of the garage and down the drive-way so Ethan wouldn't hear me. I couldn't involve him in this mission, I knew he would follow but he would never find me. On my way out of town I quickly stopped in at the Inn where everything started, where I fell for Troy, where I found about werewolves, where Ethan and I begun. This place for the short time I lived here had become home to me, just like the people in it had become family. I placed a letter addressed to Betty and one to Ethan on the front desk of the Inn before leaving as quickly and quietly as I came. I wanted to stop in and see Henry before I made my escape but I couldn't risk the guards waking Ethan. I needed to get as far away as possible before the alarm was triggered and Ethan begun the hunt, just like I knew he would. I watched as the red neon light faded away into the thickness of the fog as I left Greendale in search of Adam.

I came into a desolate town off the highway about an hour south of Greendale. I knew someone from my travels that I believed could help me stay hidden from Ethan now that we have mated. I haven't planned on completing the mating bond with Ethan last night but I couldn't stop myself after he kiss me like he did. Memories from last night flash across my mind causing my wolf to howl out in pain over the lost of our mate.  I knew he would never give up searching for me and I needed to deal with this on my own. I parked my car behind the little cafe that I was meeting my contact at, I called her from the car and arranged to met her here. I knew I needed to stay hidden until I found Adam and became myself again, then I could return back to Greendale and to my mate. The ding of the bell made my present aware to the customers in the cafe when I walked through the door. I smiled politely and took a seat at the booth at the end of the diner. I ordered a coffee and waited for Molly, my contact, to enter the cafe. A mass of curly red hair accompanied by the signature door bell made my smile as Molly made her way to the table.

"Zoey. It's so good to see you." Molly said enthusiastically pulling me in a warm hug.

"You too Molly." I smiled in reply. "I'm sorry we lost touch but my life has been a little crazy." I said apologetically.

"It's okay. Didn't I tell you about the existence of werewolves." Molly said in her self rightist tone. It was true. When I was passing through this town on my way to Greendale I ran into Molly and we chatted and hung out for a little while before I had to move on. Before I left she warned me about something strange going on in Greendale. I didn't think anything of it because, well, she was a bit out there.

"Yes you did Molly." I said with a chuckle. "Want to know a secret." I whispered leaning across the table. Molly didn't reply but she just nodded eagerly and lean the rest of the way.

"I'm a werewolf." I whispered. Shock covered her face followed by surprise and then she just screamed. I quickly looked around at the confused customers of the cafe and smile apologetically.

"Get out of here." Molly squealed. "NO! way."

"Yes way." I laughed at her shock. " I'm sorry to hurry this along but did you bring it?" I asked. I sounded like some shifty drug dealer but I couldn't change that.

"Yeah I did." Molly replied, pulling the pill from her jacket. "Take this once a day and it will numb the mating bond between two werewolf mates." Molly explained.

"And once I stop taking it the bond will return to normal?" I asked.

"Yes." Molly insured.

"Good. Thank you for this." I said gratefully. I stood and gave her a quick hug before saying my goodbyes. I needed to keep hunting for Adam while the trail was still followable.

"Zoey." Molly called as I walked away. "If you need help with anything. You know where I am." I didnt reply but just smile as I made my way to the car. I sat in the drivers seat holding on of the pills Molly had given me. I sighed heavily and swallowed it with a gulp of water. I instantly felt the pain and saddness of missing Ethan dim but still there. I knew it had worked I just hoped it wouldn't cause to much pain. To both of us.