Chapter 12- WEREWOLVES!?

Zoey's POV

"Angie I'm so sorry." Brooke said sympathetically rubbing Angies back at the same time. 

"I can't believe she did that. Of all the people and she chooses your brother." Emily said almost to herself. 

"I just want to forget about it and move on." Angie whispered. "Rebecca is no longer a friend of mine." 

We spent the rest of the night trying to not discuss the elephant in the room as we watched movies, ate chips and did each others nails. I sent Troy a quick text around 11 o'clock telling him I wouldn't be coming home before we all climbed into bed and cuddled.  

I don't know when I fell asleep but I woke up in Angie's room, I looked out the window and found it was still dark outside, I rolled over and saw the red alarm clock read 12:30am. I looked over to where Brooke, Angie and Emily all slept quietly as I tried my hardest not to wake them as I climbed out of bed. I walked downstairs in search of a glass of water when I was stopped in my tracks at the sound of voices from the kitchen. 

"I don't know if I can ignore it anymore, dad." Ethan's voice came through the kitchen door.

"I know son. But she is human, we don't know if its best for her to know yet, especially with her last name." Mr. Mitchell said. Human? Who talks like that.

"But I can feel the pull I have to her, it hurts every day that I'm not with her, my wolf complains all the time." Ethan said. "I was using Rebecca as a distraction, something that could keep my mind off her but no matter how much I try I can not deny the feelings that are building towards her. 

What are they talking about? Wolf? He talks like animals can talk to us.

"I know son, your mother wasn't easy to win over, I understand what you are going through but your actions with Rebecca were reckless and have hurt her greatly even if she doesn't understand why."

"It's even worst that she is with Troy." That's when it hit me, they were talking about me. Ethan was talking about me

"Troy?" Mr. Mitchell asked confused. "What does he have to do with this?"

"They are dating." Ethan said angrily, almost like he is jealous. "They are blooding dating and kissing." 

"That doesn't make any sense, Troy has a mate, and it isn't Zoey." Mate? There is that word, and if it was slang for having sex then Ethan had no right to talk about that with his dad.

"Then why the fuck is he with mine." Ethan said. This time he was more angry. If Ethan thinks that I will ever be with him after what happened tonight and ever since I came to this town he has another thing coming.

"I don't know son. But I don't think its time to tell Zoey about us, not until I am able to find out more, see if she is truly related to the Jackson we think she is. Then you can tell her what we are, then you can tell her that we are werewolves." With Mr. Mitchells last couple of words I began to feel dizzy and light-headed, everything clicked into place, what I saw in the forest, why they were always talking so weird or acting different, they were werewolves. I gasped at the revelation which alerted Ethan and Mr. Mitchell to my present as both of them came through the swinging door in the kitchen where I was standing. I could see in their eyes that they knew I had heard it and the shock that covered my face was mirrored in theirs. 

Ethan's POV

"—then you can tell her that we are werewolves." My father finished saying. Then I smelt that amazing smell and heard her heart beat increase.