Chapter 33- Angry Mate

Zoey's POV

My heart broke at the shock and confusion followed by fear that covered Ethan's face when I finished telling him what Henry had told me. I couldn't believe that the person I had tried to protect all my life hated me enough to do this to me. To turn me into some crazy killing machine.

"So when I try tonight I will just become a crazy murder and be really dangerous to everyone." I stated quietly.

"There is no proof that what he is staying is true." Ethan said calmly trying to rationalise everything.

I didn't agree or disagree with what he said I knew it made him feel better though I knew that I felt inside me was evil and that everything Henry told me would come to pass. We sat in silence, neither one of us wanting to talk even though we needed to talk.

"I want you to chain me up tonight." I muttered quietly. The moments of silence had passed and it was the elephant in the room, it was what was needed to be done.

"No." Ethan stated bluntly. "I will not have my mate in chains."

"It is what needs to be done to protect people. We don't know what will happen tonight and we need to be prepared." I whispered. I cant believe this is happening.

"No. You aren't evil so just drop it." Oh no he is mad. I don't know what to do to make this better? I am evil and dangerous and I don't want to hurt anyone. I slowly crawl over to were Ethan was sitting on the other side of the bed and sit myself in his lap. I put both legs on either side of him and my arms around his neck.

"It was what needs to be done." I whisper my lips close to his. I felt the buzz that was around us pursing like a living creature. It was like a warm blanket protecting me from the inter- demon inside. I brushed my lips lightly against his was my heart beat increased.

"Kiss me." Ethan whispered. He grabbed my roughly and brought my lips against his and sparked a hearted kiss. I ran my fingers into his hair and pulled his closer. Ethan lifted me effortlessly and placed me on my back on the bed as his pressed his body lightly against mine. Nibbing at my lips for enterene. I granted it willing and deepen the kiss completely without hesitation. The constant ringing in the background of our heated, passionate moment, after decending from the heavenly cloud on which Ethan's kisses took me I realised the phone was ringing and I broke the kiss.

"Answer the phone." I whispered. My lips lightly brushed against his as I spoke re-sparking the feel between us making me want nothing more but to continue our kiss. Ethan leans over and picked up the phone and answered it with a grunt, ungrateful at the interruption.

"When?"  Ethan demanded. I tried to listen to what the person on the other end was saying but I hadn't figured out how to use my wolf hearing yet.

The phone call ended and I could tell Ethan was a lot more distracted now and that our moment was over. I began to climb of Ethan grabbed my leg and held me in place.

"Please don't." Ethan said. I could tell there was something pressing on his mind but I didn't push it I just let him hold me and calm down.

I'm sitting on the lounge in the living room just watching some TV. Ethan left saying he had to do pack business and he would be back well before my shift tonight. Chrisptoper and Micheal were guarding outside the house, after the kitchen they werent allow inside the house while Ethan wasnt here. I was so nervous about what could happen tonight and what I will become. Will Ethan still want me if I am evil? Would I be able live with myself?

I nibbled at my nails out of nervous habit as the time ticked on, the hours passed slowly and Ethan was still no where to be found.  I picked up my cell and dialed his number surprised though when I reached voice mail after only a couple of rings. Did he hang up on me?