Chapter 20- Found

Zoey  POV

Hanging out with Troy again was awkward to say the least, since he left my feelings for Ethan had grown, leaving me feeling bad for ever leading him one, unintentional or not. 

"Not that I don't love you being here Zoey but you never told me what you are doing here?" Troy asked as we were walking through town his pack was situated in. 

"I just thought it was time to move on, that's all." I said answer truthfully. I have never told anyone about the murder of my parents or the fact that I have a little brother, who I have hidden away for his protection, but I needed to get back to Henry and make sure he is safe from the scar faced man. 

"So you decided to leave your mate and just move on, I doubt Ethan would of let you leave without a fight." He said looking at me confused and a little shocked that I left him. Like come on people he isn't my keeper, we aren't married, I can go and do what I want. 

"Well he didn't really try to stop me." I said quietly, the pain of his words still stinging weeks later. 

"He didn't?." Troy said shocked, his eye brows raising at my words. 

"No, we had a fight and I walked out and he didn't try to stop me, so here I am." I answered, "I prefer not to talk about it." 

"Well I am glad you landed in my pack and no someone else." Troy said with a smile.

"I will be moving soon, there is someone I need to see."

"Who?" He asked confused.

"Just an old friend of mine." I answered, my voice was quiet and I didn't make eye contact, because I was heading back to Henry. I haven't told anyone about my brother, it is easier for people to not know that I have a brother; it is for his protection. I was packing up my things getting ready to move again when Hannah came into my room. 

"Want to come shopping for presents?" She asked me.

"Presents for what? " I asked confused.

"Wednesday of course" She said like I was stupid.

"What is Wednesday?" 

"Christmas." Hannah stated.

"Oh crap, I totally forgot it was Christmas, I don't know if I will be here on Wednesday." I said truthfully. It was true, I need to get on my way to get back to Henry and move him again to somewhere safe.

"What do you mean? You aren't moving on yet are you?" She asked. Almost sadden by my statement.

"I wasn't even planning on stopping here, I am still too close to Ethan's pack."

"They cant come onto the land with Troy or his fathers permission, you are safe from him here." Hannah explained.

"That doesn't matter, if what Troy has told me about mates is that I doubt Ethan won't care about pack lines when it comes to me. I have to keep going, it is safer for everyone if I don't stay in one place long." I replied.

"So you don't settle anywhere? Why? What happened that makes you want to run so much?" Hannah asked confused.

"I just have too. Something happened in my pass and I need to run away from it for the rest of my life." I said, I didn't really want to go into to much detail about my pass. Everyone always look at you different if they know that your parents are dead.

"Okay, but just know that I am going to try and stop you from leaving and I am sure that Troy will do the same thing."

"I know but if Ethan couldn't stop me then Troy sure cant, I left by own mate, even though I don't really understand what that means I still left and apparently that is a big deal." I said stuffing more clothes into my bag and getting my toothbrush from the bathroom.

"Just wait until after Christmas to leave okay? That is all I am asking." Hannah said before leaving the room.

I sat down onto the bed after Hannah left I was so tired of running and hiding and not being able to stay anywhere for long. I made the mistake of thinking I was safe in Greendale and now I cant do the same here. There was a light knock at the door and Troy walked into the room and took a seat next me on the bed.

"Hannah said you are thinking about leaving." Troy stated.

"You knew I wasn't staying for long." I said quietly.

"But it is nearly Christmas, you cant just pick up and leave again." Troy said

"I have to get to my friend and away from Ethan."  I answered.

"You don't seem yourself anymore. You can feel it, cant you? The pain of not being with your mate." Troy asked.

"Yeah, it is like this constant sickness in the bottom of my stomach and it makes me sad. I don't understand it but I am a human and he is a werewolf. It will never work." I said slowly.

"I know one thing, you and Ethan wouldn't be chosen to be together if there wasn't a way for it to happen." Troy said, I sighed heavily and lent my head on his shoulder.

"I am just so tired of running."I whispered. 

I don't remember when I fell asleep but I was woken by yelling and strangle growling.  I made my way down the stairs yawning.

"Troy." I called out. "What is going on?"

"Zoey go back upstairs, don't come out here." He called from outside the front door.

"Why not?" I asked confused. I opened the front door and froze in my place, standing only a few meters away from me was Ethan and about ten other wolves.

"Zoey, I told you not to come out." Troy said angrily under his breath.

"Don't speak to her that way you pup." Ethan threatened.

"Zoey come home with me, I am sorry for what I did and said, please baby come home and let me fix this." Ethan pleaded. It took everything in me not to run to him.

"Don't listen to him Zoey, you know why you ran, just keep that in mind." 

"Keep quite you idiot and stop trying to take my mate from me." Ethan growled.

I quickly ran back into side and upstairs which is when I heard the growls outside get louder and louder. I could almost hear the flesh being ripped from the skin of the wolves outside. I grabbed my bag and made a run for the back door.  I opened it and ran into the forest behind Troy's house. I ran and ran until I thought I was safe, I stopped near a little stream running through the woods. I reached down to wash my face when I saw a figure in the reflection of the water. I turned around to see who it was and all I did was scream.