Prose 17: Peculiar Romance

There is no such item as quixotic love. Love can never be quixotic as you think it could. In our current standards and norms of love, everything seems to be very volatile. One little sudden move and the rest will come to big changes.

However, emotional attributes are not a pragmatic inclusions. We are just too skeptical with the belief that when we fall straight in love, we just continuously fall without falling out apart.

They once expounded that staying in love is easy, as easy as any human being can fall in love. We tend to look at the brighter side, boorishly making ourselves feel in what we had used to feel, ignoring the thing that on the other half of time, feelings are not indelible.

They are mild to perish, like the green leaves meant to be dried, like the non-stop rain meant to be feared and like the old sweet photograph meant to be cried upon. Feelings do not last until forever— and that is the sage truth.
Admittedly, feelings vary in people.

We criticize according to our credulous beliefs and principles. We choose to love those people who could reflect and meet our highest standards, obliviously forgetting that those standards we aim should have been applied to ourselves first before setting it for everyone else.

We create apparent limits and policies to those we wanted to be acquainted in ourselves. We reconcile made-up possibilities, false hopes and fake romances. We offer white lies, childish heartbreaks, shallow promises and written regrets.

We storm away, leave and never come back whenever it is needed to be done. In short, we let ourselves fall and fall again in the cycle of love, yet we still demand for the kind of love that we wanted to have.

We keep asking other people of how are we going to make ourselves happy without asking our own heart inside us of how are we going to make the happiness last.

We choose, select and delete, and probably, we have not even realized that those are least consequential things to do in this wonderful lives we built.

We have variety of perspectives about love. As for me, we do not choose of what kind of love we wanted to have. We do not choose as to what we prefer between painless and perfect love, nor ugly and beautiful love, nor adult slowly-developing and since-childhood love.

Love is unique and it would never be identical to anyone else. No one can dictate the pace of love because it has to be slowly grown, progressed and bloomed in its own way.

We may have the remote control to choose the person we wanted to love but we will never have the power to choose as to what specific love we will be experiencing — for the journey of love is meant to be created, not chosen.