Prose 10: Love Never Ends

4th day of Winter Season, 1901

The fancy kodachrome stereo has been switched to another upbeat channel. I wriggled my shoulders as I heard the indistinct confabulation of my relatives on the living room. Delight exchange of laughter was apparently dominant and it never failed to make my heart flutter and felicitously gratified in the same way I do. I casted an agile peek on their evidently glorious celebration before I closed the door from where I stood up.

I moved behind and saw my little bonny niece who was holding a classically red wrapped box with the usual amusing sneer on her face. I smiled back and she slightly churned when I sat down in the bed and sweetly cascaded my palms in her germane braided hair. She swiftly offer to me the box that she once gripped and I was merrily overwhelmed the moment her lips landed an endearing kiss on my cheeks. Sophie notably expressed that the thing inside the box was her Christmas gift to me, in which she had saliently furnished ever since the winter days came into arrival.

Afterwards, I tightly embraced and thanked her before she departed from the room to converse along with my other amiable nieces. The night of Christmas. This has always been my favorite night of all serene evenings. The yuletide season merrily signifies the feast of winter and the celebratory nativity of the Divine Providence which casually befalls under the month of December. It is depicted and witnessed every extravagant banquet dinners, Christmas resonant songs, prismatic horns and trumpets, various fancy gifts, caroling competitions, contemporary Santa Claus souvenirs, midnight kaleidoscopic fireworks and magnification of blessings and Christmas wishes.

The celebration has always been devoured with bountiful jubilation and it continues to adhesively pervade from place to place, from metropolitans to countryside and from sub-regions to world countries. Compelling nights of Christmas spell for newfangled creation of priceless euphoria, joy and prosperity which could be seen through the eyes of children, laughter of the youth and the appealing compassion of the elders.

In spite of seasonal differences, Christmas still has an altruistic function in the hearts of people. As I heaved a brisk glimpse outside the frozen windowpane, I saw the cold discharge of mild blizzard in the avenue with refined glaciers on the stand posts. Despite the faded streaks of evening snow, I had peripherally seen the striking strays of Christmas lights of my neighborhoods from their thick windows.

I pursed my lips as I realized that the Christmas celebration was still merry, pleasant and fun filled even when the snowstorm had its occurrence outdoors. A couple of minutes passed before I decided to unbox the delicately wrapped gift which Sophie has given me. I blinked twice as I saw the gift card which has been pasted above the gift and smiled after reading it. I hope you could finally find your own happiness, Nirvanna.

I giddily chuckled and sighed afterwards. She probably fathomed what I am looking for and what I always look forward in life. However, that would be vaguely surrealistic because my heart had zero idea on where to seemingly look ahead and what to dearly see beyond the edge. Thus, in times of lovely winter fell, I have always adored the people who endlessly bestowed my heart with primordial fidelity even when it was my figurative remedy of quenching emptiness, convolutions and eventual predicaments.

Upon unveiling the precious gift, my eyes lustered in awe when I discovered that her gift was a 3D multi-printed storybook. I hellishly breathe out when I curtly reflected that Sophie was undeniably smart and shrewd to know how I admittedly love books. It made my soul commemorate the past times when my parents used to scold me because I kept on collecting children brochures, kiddie pastel colors, toddler biographies and Disney drawing books at the age of twenty, however, despite their ceaseless negligence, I still devote myself on my eccentric passion even until this present time.