The Black Airs

3rd Person's POV

Clover looked up at them. The normally very happy and always smiling nymph, was now looking at Erza with a frown.

"I'm afraid I can't really tell you that. It isn't my place."

Erza nodded her head. Natsu turned his head away from the other wizards. He could tell that they didn't just wander in the forest. They were looking for something, and he thinks that they found it.  Clover looks at Natsu.

"Natsu, while you're here, do you wanna just get it over with?"

Gray, Happy, Lucy, and Erza were confused as to what the Nymph meant by that. Natsu nodded. Clover turns to Gray.

"I'm gonna have you take the same, uhhh, medicine, that Natsu takes." 

"Medicine? What for?"

"Uhhh, well, you see, don't worry about it, just know that you only have to take it once and be done."

She smiles at the Ice wizard and leaves the area. This was a chance for the fairies to talk to Natsu. Lucy walked closer to him.

"Natsu?"

"Hmm."

"Can you tell us why those....... kids, treated you like that? Kashi and that kid in the village?"

Natsu stared at her. His face at a resting frown. He looked down at his hands.

"They don't like me. They are afraid of me."

"Why is that?"

"They fear me for something I can't even remember."

"If you can't remember it, then how do you know that it even happened?"

"They tell me.........."

"What even happened that made the treat you like that?"

"I..... Well, I....."

"Why won't you stick up for yourself?"

"Lucy, You are overwhelming him with questions."

"Gray, We may not have the chance we have right now to figure out what happened."

The blonde wizard, who still looks like a ghost, turned the ice wizard who is still an ice golem. Both of them paid no attention to Natsu. Erza sighed and looked over at the pink haired boy. Erza could see the boy trembling. Something was wrong. Why was he shaking like that? Erza couldn't read his expression, but she was cautious. Happy looked at the the person who he saw as family. With a worried voice he called out his adopted father's name.

"Natsu?"

This got the attention of the others. They turned that attention to Natsu. Lucy started to walk toward him. As she did so, Clover walked back into the room. Clover's eyes widened. 

"Get back! Now!"

"Huh?"

Lucy looked over, confused at Clover. As she did Natsu lunged towards Lucy and pinned her to the ground. Happy, Erza, and Gray froze from shock. Lucy was petrified from the sight of her friend's expression. No remorse, no holding back. He looked crazed. He had unfocused eyes starring right at her. Saliva dripped from his opened mouth. A low growl escaped his throat. Happy looked horrified to the sight before him. The small blue cat only had fear strike him. Erza quickly summoned a sword, her best weapon. She didn't know what to do. Strike her friend and possibly kill him, or don't and Lucy may get hurt. Clover extended her hand out toward the vine plants and then toward Natsu. The vines reacted to her silent command and extended toward them. The vines wrapped around Natsu's face, covering his eyes. He started to freak out when he lost sight. He grabbed at the vines, struggling to take them off. Lucy quickly got away from him.