A Walk in the Past part 4

Author's Note: Not sure if I was clear, but Natsu was the one that fell off the building. Anyway, Here's Chapter 6.

(recap) While Natsu had his back turned from Krolic, he was getting up. Krolic than took this chance to run into Natsu and he fell off the building.

"Natsu!"

(Start of Chapter 6)

Gray's POV

I left Erza and Lisanna to take care of Krolic. I went down to find Natsu. I hope he wasn't hurt to bad. Was he really not lying about the dragon? About Igneel? I stopped thinking about that and decided to work on finding Natsu. He better not be hurt. That would be bad. Makarov would kill us if he...... I just had to find him. I was looking in the area in which he had fallen. It took just a mere moment, but I saw some broken boxes and there was Natsu in the wreckage. I stepped over the broken wood to get him. When I got to the center of the broken mess, I picked up Natsu. He had blood coming from his neck from the cut he had gotten during that fight and from his head. He must have hit his head when he fell. I called out to Lisanna and Erza.

"Hey, guys! I got Natsu. He is out. I think he hurt himself pretty bad when he fell. I'm going to get him some help."

I waited a moment. I was hoping that my voice could reach them. It seemed that they couldn't hear me, that was until I heard a response from Lisanna.

"Alright, Gray! We will meet up with you in a bit!"

Even though they couldn't see me, I nodded. I took Natsu's left arm and put it around my neck. He wasn't that heavy, so I had no trouble carrying him. I was struggling, however, after a bit. I was thinking about stopping for a moment, when a middle-aged man came over to me. He had jet black hair that was cut short, and dark eyes. He was wearing a high-collared black and tan robe that had a gold trim on the collar part. He a had a strange white cloth draped around his torso. He had black boots to match his outfit. He also had a silver pendant around his neck.

"Oh my. What happened here?"

I hesitated to answer. I didn't know him. I don't know why, but I didn't trust him. I wanted to keep quiet and just get Natsu help as soon as possible. I decided to ignore him. I started to walk around the strange man.

"Do you need any help? Your friend, he looks like he should get help fast. I can help you get him there faster."

I stopped in my tracks. Throughout my walk through this town, not one person asked to help. Then, this strange man wanted to help me? But to be fair, everyone here in this town was strange and unknown by me. I hesitated. Could I trust him? I was tried as it was. We had spent most of the day searching for this one man, then there was a fight, and now I had to carry Natsu. The longer I carried him, the heavier he seemed to get. I didn't know how much father I could go before I had to set him down. I decided to take the man's offer.

"Yes. I.... I need help. Would it be too much trouble?"

"Of course not. I wouldn't have asked if it was too much trouble."

The man gave a small chuckle. He picked up Natsu and froze for a second. Did he know Natsu? He stared at Natsu for a moment before snapping back to reality.

"Um, Sir?"

"Sorry. He just...... reminds me of my little brother. I haven't seen him in...... in years."

Oh. Now I feel like a jerk. This guy was offering his help, offering to waste time for two people he didn't know, and he hasn't seen his brother in years. I can relate. I miss my parents and Ur. It was my fault that they were gone. The man walked with Natsu in his arms and I almost didn't notice because I was shot into the past in my mind. I quickly followed behind. We walked in silence. Ever now and then, I would look up at the man. He would look at Natsu and his expression was sad each time. He looked like he was about to cry. When he noticed that I was looking at him, he quickly changed to a smile. It wasn't that long before we made it to small clinic. He turned to look at me.