Trust

A/N: Hey guys, I know I updated yesterday but I had Solo and Ensemble today and I was a bit stressed out, bit afterwards, I was in a more relaxed feeling. Before I went to perform (which this was hours from than) I thought "hey, why don't I get my mind off it and work on this story?" So I did.  :)

Lucy's POV

I sat up after being asleep for ........who knows how long. I looked around. Erza was next to me. Happy was in my lap and Gray..... I turned. He was behind me. His skin was pale and his cheeks were flushed. I don't remember falling asleep. Than again............... My head feels light. I thought back to the last thing I could recall. 

I remember running after some thing that took my friend. Happy and I were running after Erza - more or less, I was running and Happy was on my back. I remember that Erza had gone into a big tree. I saw that she had brought out her sword and had run further into the tree. I waited a moment but heard nothing. I walked closer to the entrance when I hear Erza speak. 

"What do you mean? Rest? I don't............"

Than I heard nothing. I pushed back the vines that covered the entrance and saw that Erza was in the ground. There was blood on the ground as well. My mouth dropped and my eyes widened from shock. I looked up and saw that the one who took my friend had blood dripping from its mouth. I froze. 

"Lucy? Why did you stop?"

I had forgotten Happy was on my back. I kept my eyes on the thing in front of me. It had looked up from Erza and looked directly at me and Happy. It's head tilted toward the right and walked over to use. I was too scared to move. Erza was knocked out, unconscious, and she could be hurt. Was the blood on its mouth Erza's? Gray's? Both? The creature before me stopped just arms length from me. I was able to get a better look at it and something seemed off. I couldn't tell and before I could examine anything further, some kind of dust was blown into my face. Happy coughed as the dust got into his face. I suddenly felt dizzy and fell forward, unable to stand. I tried to keep my eyes open. I tried to fight this dreariness that had overcome me, but I couldn't. I let myself drift to sleep.

A thought crossed my mind............. I died. Why else would I feel disoriented. I wasn't used to being dead. That thought left my mind after my head started to clear up a bit. I was not dead. I was alive and breathing. I was in a tree somewhere where no one knows where we are. Erza, Gray, and Happy were unconscious, and I have no idea where that thing went. 

After sitting in silence for sometime, I heard a sound outside the tree. Was it that thing that took Gray and knocked us out? I didn't know if I should look, but if I didn't, how would I get my answers? I wouldn't. I will have to be cautious. I stood up and walked toward the entrance if the tree. I held my breath, unsure if it could hear me breath. I glanced out to see that the sun was in the middle of the sky. It was midmorning by the earliest. I looked around and saw that it was calm. I didn't see anything and walked out. I could hear birds chirping and the sound was perfect in this peaceful place. I examined my surroundings, considering that I didn't take a good look at them when I was chasing after Erza. 

This meadow was so........... calming. There were many little flowers that were yellow, orange, as well as white. The grass was tall and danced as the wind blew from the north. The lake was still and reflected the sun's light, making it have a shine to the still water. The mountain in the far distance had a thick fog near the top and it was toped with snow against the gray, treeless top. 

(Something like in the pictures below for reference)