Natsu

Denzel's POV

Maybe it wasn't the best to show her what happens if I try to leave. That wasn't my best idea, I know, but she had to know. She would probably keep telling me to come with her and her companions. I can't. I looked at her, she looked scared and upset. I really shouldn't have shown her this....... 

"We..... We should head back. I need to check on your friend."

She nodded. I watched as she started to shed water from her eyes. I looked away. I didn't know what to do. I am a fool. I hop onto Tyson's back and helped Lucy onto his back as well. Tyson looked at me with sad eyes. 

"I know, buddy....... I know."

I whispered to the griffin. Lucy didn't say a word the whole time. I look back at her when we were in the air. She was upset still. Why? 

"Lu... Lucy? Are you okay?"

"Yeah..... I am..... Why can't you leave? What caused this... boarder?"

"Oh...... uh, well...... It's complicated. I barely understand it myself."

"I think maybe I could help...... I know someone who is a good script writing. If this is a magic spell that deals with script magic, I have two friends that may be able to rewrite it.... you could leave."

"I doubt that "

"Just leave it!"

I yelled at her. I felt her flinch. I let out a sigh. Right.... I have to have control..... I control my emotions.... they don't control me......

"I'm sorry."

"No, I shouldn't have said anything........ Is Gray going to be alright?"

"The one that got hurt.... yeah, he'll be fine..... I'll make sure of that."

"Thank you."

I nodded. This was the least I could do. I never believed that humans were bad, just lost. I want to help them when they need it most. That is why I wanted to help him. He would have died if I didn't help him. He always told me that humans were awful and I should let them be and keep them away from my home, but that just wasn't me. My father told me to have a kind heart when being with others. I respect him too much to go against his wishes. Carys is cautious around people, but she warms up to them. Crimson chips. He was sitting right on Tyson's head. I smiled. He is a good phoenix. 

"Has there ever been any other humans here?"

That question surprised me. It made me curious as to what made her ask that question. Although, it is none of my business. I nod my head. 

"People travel through these parts all the time. One comes often. He always comes back. He is the only one that ever comes back."

"Who is he?"

"He is an old friend of my father. My father left me years ago and I haven't seen him forever."

"Your father or your father's friend?"

"I hardly remember my father, but I haven't seen him since I was a kid."

"Oh...... I'm so sorry."

Lucy's POV

I started to feel bad bring up that question. I had to ask a question that ended up being personal. I just wanted to know if there was any chance he knew Natsu, but based on how he said his father's friend, I doubt it was Natsu. I hit another dead end. Maybe I could ask something else that is personal since we got to that topic.

"Why do you wear the mask?"

I heard him hum. 

"I wear for if the monsters see me, they will think of me as their own and not human. They don't like humans and it's best to keep hidden in plain sight."

"Monsters?"

He nods his head. 

"This is their land, after all. No human is allowed on such territory."

"That's why you made me wear the mask."

He nods again. He went quiet again. He really isn't much of a talker. It was rather peaceful flying back to the home of person in front of me. Tyson glided down to the lake close to tree. Denzel hopped off and helped me down. 

"Lucy! You're back!"

"Erza? What's wrong?"

"It's Gray. Something is wrong."

"What?"

"Where's Carys?"

"I'm right here, my boy." 

Denzel and Carys went in the tree to go to Gray. I exchanged a glance with Erza with a worried look on both of our faces. What could possibly have happened to Gray?

Gray's POV

My vision was blurry and my body felt hot. It was almost as if I was being attacked with Fire. I could hear voices. The voices were getting louder and louder. My head was throbbing. I looked to what I think is my left and I saw a swirl of rainbows. I look to what I think is my right and I see a blur of colors but it slowly cleared up and I saw the face of a monster. I could feel my breathing quicken. 

"He is burning and he is going into a panic."

"I see that. It's the poison."

"It's also you, my child. He started to freak out when he saw you. Take the mask off. No one is in here but me, you, and this boy."

"Fine." 

The voice that sounded like a male stopped talking. The demon's face moved rather quickly and my vision blurred again. I felt a cold touch hit my face. I can't move my body, only my eyes. I could barely see. I look over and see my friend. 

Wait.... this can't be right. Can it? He couldn't be here the whole time? My mind..... it isn't right.... I blink and look back. There was no mistaking it.......... 

That pink hair, black eyes.... there was no doubt in my mind.... we found him, or rather, he found us. 

Natsu........ We found you........

A/N: Okay. yes, Denzel is Natsu. That was obvious, but not to them because well, they ain't bright. XD

Don't get me wrong, I love them and all, but sometimes, I pick up on things faster then them. So if you knew that was Natsu, Great job, if not....... anyway, hope you liked this chapter. Next Chapter is going to bring in an OC of mine. He was brought up, but his name was never said. We finally get to meet this person. 

Hope you are haveing a nice day.

~Zolf~

Posted: 5/22/2020