1.0 - day x

Me and Calum were set to practice again the next day, but he invited me over to his, saying “this would be easier.” I didn’t really understand what he meant by that, it’s not like it was a huge trouble to a 6 feet tall football player to carry a guitar to my house. But I obeyed and told him I’d be there after I changed and grabbed something to eat. Unfortunately, it was Friday, which meant my father was home. He had this weird schedule where he worked on Sunday but had Friday and Saturday off. I didn’t care, I just didn’t want him to stop me because he comes up with some stupid chore for me to do.

So I tried to be as sneaky as possible getting out of my room, but when I reached the front door I heard him hollering “Michael!” and I knew I was in trouble.

He wasn’t in his bedroom, he was downstairs, so all my escalade about being quiet while leaving the room was useless. He went out of the kitchen and let out a tired sigh when he saw me.

“Seriously, Michael, again?”

If he was referring to my newly dyed jet black hair, he could go fuck himself.

“It’s my hair, not yours. Why do you care?” I said grumpily, only hoping for him to let me go as fast as possible.

“I just- you know, whatever. Do what you want. I don’t even want to know where you’re going. Probably you’re out to meet your gang” He said, becoming indifferent again. Typical.

“I’m going to Calum’s,” I replied, feeling proud that I wasn’t actually lying.

‘Be home by 10,” he said, disappearing in the doorway, and I muttered under my breath “Damn right I will be,” because Luke had to be back by then and I could talk to him again.

So I walked to Calum’s house and went inside – both me and him had the keys to each other’s house, partly just in case, and partly because we were too lazy to go open the door for the other one. I heard voices and sounds of guitar from upstairs and realized he wasn’t alone. He probably asked his older sister to help him out, because Mali was a great singer and who knows, maybe she played guitar.

I opened the door to Calum’s room and saw him on the couch, next to some guy I didn’t know. He looked like a nerd, with his blonde fringe styled to the side and his long childish face and baby blue eyes. Both he and Calum looked at me when I walked in.

“Oh, hey, you’re here,” Calum smiled, and I looked over to the scrawny blond waiting for an explanation.

“Hello,” he said quietly, his cheeks heating up under my gaze, and I felt blood freezing in my veins at the sound of his voice.

No.

“Told you I’d get help,” Calum said, still smiling. “That’s Luke, he can help us learn the song.”

--

oooh shit

is anyone even reading?