1.1 - him

Luke. My Luke. That was Luke?

I looked at him, unable to speak. This didn’t seem real to me. I just didn’t even think about the possibility of him living in the same city as me. I knew he was an Aussie, he had the accent like me and he was online at the same time I was, but that… that was too much.

But there couldn’t be a mistake. His voice was the ultimate proof, because I grew to know that voice and feel his every emotion through it. As crazy as it sounded, it was him.

Now, did he realize it was me? Did Calum tell him anything about me? Did Luke want to pretend he didn’t know me?

But judging on the innocent and confused look in his eyes, he was probably just wondering why this dude wouldn’t stop staring at him, and that’s it.

What do I do?

My first instinct was to drag Calum out in the coridor and tell him to call me by different name or something, just so Luke wouldn’t know who I was. But that plan would fail because of the very same thing that gave Luke’s identity away. My voice.

I couldn’t just be mute around him, I didn’t want to. But then again, what if he didn’t actually want to meet me?

My musings were interrupted by Calum, who grew impatient with me just standing in the doorway dumbfounded.

“What the hell is wrong with you?”

I shook my head, refusing to talk just in case, and sat down on the chair in front of Calum’s deck, finally stopping myself from keeping my gaze fixed on Luke.

“So Luke here knows All Time Low pretty good, and he is ready to share,” Calum started, nudging the blond with his elbow a little. I felt my jaw clenching and looked away. See, this is what I was talking about. Since Calum was already friends with Luke, I didn’t stand a chance. Maybe I should have left right when I realized it was him. Maybe it wasn’t too late to still leave…

Calum and Luke weren’t paying attention to me, since Calum gave Luke his guitar and Luke was putting a capo on it. I watched lines grow across his forehead as he got himself focused, and I wondered if this was what he looked like while gaming. I looked at his long lingers take their positions on the strings and imagined them pressing the keyboard buttons with ease. Of course, it was him. I smiled a bit as I thought that there was no other way I would imagine him as. He looked like a nerd, but so what? I was a nerd myself. He looked a bit funny, but then I was just a fucking weirdo. Good match.

I watched Luke as he glanced at Calum and said awkwardly:

“Can you, um, I mean, are you gonna sing? I can’t do both at the same time, sorry.” His thin lips formed a quick smile, and I smiled myself because this was him, and I knew for sure I didn’t want to leave.

Yeah, and what are you gonna do? Introduce yourself?

I’d rather have my sarcastic subconscious shut up, but I had no control over this. I sighed, because the question was still relevant. What in God’s name was I supposed to do?