1.2 - sap

As soon as Calum started singing, I knew that was it. It sounded amazing, them together. I even wondered if they played together before. They sounded perfect, Luke’s guitar and Calum’s voice singing every lyric to Weightless, and I felt so irrelevant I wanted to die. Literally.

When they were done, Calum looked at me, question obvious in his eyes, while Luke stared at the floor. He was so shy it was unbelievable. He could be the most amazing guitar player in the world and he was still shy about it. So much for not being able to make it in the music industry, Luke…

I nodded at Calum, still not sure if I should talk or not. Calum frowned at me, obviously not satisfied.

“What’s up with you today? You’re too quiet for the Mikey I know and love.”

Gladly, Luke didn’t seem to be phased by the part of my name that slipped from Calum’s mouth as he kept looking at the carpet, so I just shrugged at my best friend. Suddenly a woman’s voice called out from downstairs.

“Calum! Get down here for a minute, I need your help!” his mom, Joy. Calum got up and went to the door, but glanced back for a moment.

“Luke, by the way: you’re fucking great, man.” And then he left, leaving Luke to smile awkwardly but happily. He looked like a pretty girl and yes I did just say that.

“Sap,” I muttered before I could stop myself,it being the first thing I said since I entered the damn room.

Luke’s head shot up and he looked at me, his smile fading. His eyes grew wide as he realized what I had just said, his pink lips parting slightly in awe. I could see his brain putting the pieces together like I had done it before, and I held my breath.

“M-Michael?”

I smiled crookedly, only hoping he wouldn’t hate me. 

He was still staring at me, looking like a five year old that just saw Santa.

“Oh God, oh my God,” Luke rambled, his trembling hands making their way to his head and messing with the blonde hair. “It’s really you, holy shit.” And then his face changed into a slighly angry one as he asked: “And why the hell did you stay silent for so long? Why didn't tell me who you were?”

I gulped. This was so much harder when he was right in front of me, so different from talking to a voice in your ears, because I saw him looking at me intensvely. His blue eyes were literally piercing through my body, demanding for an answer.

“I wasn’t sure if…”

“If it was me?”

“No,” I smiled softly. “I knew it was you since the moment you said ‘hello’. I was just… nervous… about what you were gonna think when you realized who I was.”

“What do you mean?” he laughed a little. “Are you saying you were afraid I’d judge you or some shit?”

And with that little laugh and him swearing at me just like before, I knew I wouldn’t lose him. He was so quiet and shy in front of Calum but as soon as he knew who I was, he was himself. And the fact that I was the one who got to see this Luke made me smile at him again.

“No, just forget it,” I said quickly. “I’m fucking glad we met, Luke.”